Is There A Win Total That Saves DA’s Job? (1 Viewer)

kennydfresh

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Did he hire the medical staff? Get real.
Get real, that's not the point. Aren't you the least bit curious why Terron Armstead is 10 for 10 in starts for Miami once leaving here and we have been decimated by injuries 2 years in a row.

Bourbon

We're crab people now Dee
Reaction score
I’m sure we’ll give him another year and the upside to that is we will have another season to tank for a high draft pick, and we’ll get to keep it this time.

5-12 and then 3-14 should get him fired and we can reset with some high picks.

Treybad

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Guessing most of us think DA should be fired after this season but I don't see Gayle or Loomis making the call this year... so those who want DA to stay
, you will get your wish

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Get real, that's not the point. Aren't you the least bit curious why Terron Armstead is 10 for 10 in starts for Miami once leaving here and we have been decimated by injuries 2 years in a row.

I have a whole lot of math in my educational background so I know why.

It's called bad luck. Medical staff doesn't get guys hurt. Rolling up on guys gets guys hurt. Bad playing surfaces. Crazy athletic attempts to catch off target passes.

You're trying to assume a causal relationship between injury and treatment. That's not how it works.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Picked up on that did you?

I'm saying that even if we win out, his job is still at risk because of how poorly the first 11 games have gone in comparison to preseason expectations...
That's simply not true. The front office isn't known for cutting bait with staff in their first season. Unless they lose out, or lose 4 or more of their last 6, I'm not seeing Allen going anywhere. Allen might shake up the staff a bit, but I don't see him getting canned.

That said, I'd support the front office if they decided to move on from Allen. I don't expect anything will happen until after the season is over.

JackDiesel

SR is my life!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ah yes the renewed optimism that follows a win. Even though it was against a 3 win team that just lost their offensive player of the year WR and then lost their QB halfway through the game.

Baring winning out there shouldn't be anything that saves Allen's job. The whole point of hiring him was keeping together the majority of the coaching staff that we were having success with prior. The success part is gone so there is no point to keep him. If he's allowed to chose the next QB it'll be a disaster as Allen will eventually be fired and the next QB might not be the desired player for the next coaching staff. We'll be right back at square one.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If it was only injuries I would agree. But we’ve seen a lot of undisciplined, unmotivated football this year.

Did you ever play football or any sport at a high level?

I ask because new people thrust into playing time are prone to mistakes. New coaches with new players under this silly new no-practice / no-preseason climate are likely to have a hard time including getting their players tight and right.

I haven't seen the first bit of unmotivated play. The whole idea you can tell what's going on in someone's head from inside a helmet or even by their facial expression is stupid. Some people are loud and easy to read. Others are not. In the face of conflict, the guys like Brees and Manning who look like surgeons and whose pulse rates stay at 54 are the guys who perform best under pressure.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If Allen can motivate his players why do we see Kamara and other team leaders publicly calling it out?

If Allen can motivate his players, tell me how many players have performed better this year than in previous years.

In what ways exactly do you see players improving from the first game until now?

In what ways do you see the defense improving?

In what ways are you seeing the offense improve, play calling improve, player utilization improving?

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If Allen can motivate his players why do we see Kamara and other team leaders publicly calling it out?

If Allen can motivate his players, tell me how many players have performed better this year than in previous years.

In what ways exactly do you see players improving from the first game until now?

In what ways do you see the defense improving?

In what ways are you seeing the offense improve, play calling improve, player utilization improving?

You're trying to say Kamarra was calling out the coaches when he plainly wasn't. You're trying to read in to his statement something that wasn't there because it fits your opinion.

Team leaders are leaders because they speak out. It's why they have the gold C on their chest. It's why it's his job to step up and provide leadership.

Michael Thomas played better this year than last. SO has Ruiz and Peat. Ellis and Werner too. I think it's pretty fair to say that both back up DEs have done pretty well.

Did you watch the game on Sunday? If you don't see improvement in the offense, better play calling, game planning and utilization it's simply a continuation of you seeing and hearing what you want to hear and see because it suits your opinion when, in reality, you're wrong.

Saintcd

Rookie
Reaction score

Don’t think any saints fan would have predicted this. Yep, it does question what the heck is Miami doing vs what the saints have done.

SaintsBrazil

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
There are things that you look at that are not really part of the win/loss column, such as freak injuries or freak plays that change a game or season. You also look at how a team is playing above their level or below their level. Our team has had some injuries this year, but they are playing below their level generally. That lack of grit and tenacity, focus and performance, belief and drive are the reasons we are not impressed with Dennis Allen. The win / loss record is just a product of that.

Coach them up, coach!

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I tend to agree with this, as well as what I believe to be the biggest factor into why DA stays next season… The Saints are NOT an attractive job for a new HC next season… No QB, no 1st rounder, and negative cap space to go along with an aging and injury plagued vet core.
I understand what you’re saying, but I disagree. There are only 32 openings for this job. I also would say you can walk in to the job and know you’re safe for a few years to build your team and dismantle this hot mess we are currently in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom