Is There A Win Total That Saves DA’s Job? (1 Viewer)

I’m not buying the injury excuse because to me it’s more than just the record. It’s the demeanor of the team, they look completely rudderless most of the time….with just as many or even more injuries last year they competed and fought hard last season….I don’t see anywhere near that level of intensity this year….

That stars aligned/lucky comment is total BS….CSP knows how to lead and build a good team culture, it is pretty clear to me that DA doesn’t….

There we go again with what you think by appearances. I haven't seen anyone give up. I've seen some stupid missed tackles and some bad penalties, but people come to play. The next man up in Ellis is a prime example. Even Ruiz and Peat have been good this year.

I'd be willing to bet that my suggestion is more likely to be successful and more likely to be followed than yours.

I'd be willing to bet you won't put your money where your mouth is either.

Let's play. 1000 donation to SR - if they fire DA I pay. If they don't, you do. Before the end of this season.

Another 1000 if the Saints with DA win 9 games next year or less. If less than 10 wins next year, I donate to SR. 9 or more and you donate to the cause.

Man up!
I won’t put $1,000 on DA being fired, but I will put $100 on if DA returns next season we will have another losing season. Donation to be made to SR.com. The man sucks arse, and he is a step down from the Norv Turner caliber of head coaches.

Last edited:
There we go again with what you think by appearances. I haven't seen anyone give up. I've seen some stupid missed tackles and some bad penalties, but people come to play. The next man up in Ellis is a prime example. Even Ruiz and Peat have been good this year.

There we go again with you ignoring nuance….The team I saw against TB, Pittsburgh, Arizona, Baltimore….etc….is not the team I’ve been watching the last number of years…

There is plenty of talent but there is no fight….yes there are a bunch of injuries, but last year was probably worse and that team played hard in every game….if you don’t see the difference then we should just agree to disagree…..

Coaches before him for the Saints have a better record? What, one of them who fielded an all world D and couldn't score to save his life? We never had a playoff win for 30 years man, come on.

Look, I have patience. I despise the instant gratification needs of this country and fans of the Saints. Things don't always go how you want them so I judge people on how they do in adversity. With DA, the sample size is too small and considering what happened in Oakland is statistically irrelevant to what's going on now.

If the losing continues and sloppy play even when our hurt leaders are back on the field, I'll change my mind, but until then slow the roll.
:ROFLMAO: I despise privilege and people getting second chances when overqualified people can't get the first chance. The guy has a total of almost four years as an HC and you talk about him like he's a freshman in college. He's losing in the face of adversity, not winning. After years to prepare for a second stint, he picked a poor coaching staff,a terrible medical staff, and his signature wins are against losing teams, and we have a 4-win total.

This isn’t a popular position on this board but the first round draft pick issue is overblown. Olave is the best rookie in the bunch and without Thomas, he’s indispensable. They hit on that pick. Penning has been hurt, but if he’s solid then that was a hit as well. With our move toward a power run game, Penning is perfect as a crushing blocker. If Payton gets hired next year and we get our first round pick back then the draft moves were good. Can’t judge it until it plays out.

CSP won’t have to “beg” for anything.
It was never about the trade, it was about creating chaos because of the kind of season we are having, the QB position is was going to be a question mark next year whether we made the playoffs or not and I think if we were say 6-5 instead of 4-7 with Penning as the starting LT people would not be complaining as much because we can see all of the working parts from the draft with Pennings, Olave and Taylor etching out their niche on this team and people would be declaring how smart of a move it is because of the future compensation we get if and when Payton takes another job and how we can build off of those acquired picks.

It was never about the trade, it was about creating chaos because of the kind of season we are having, the QB position is was going to be a question mark next year whether we made the playoffs or not and I think if we were say 6-5 instead of 4-7 with Penning as the starting LT people would not be complaining as much because we can see all of the working parts from the draft with Pennings, Olave and Taylor etching out their niche on this team and people would be declaring how smart of a move it is because of the future compensation we get if and when Payton takes another job and how we can build off of those acquired picks.
This. The trade was a very good trade. Without it, Saints have niether thier star WR and their next franchise LT. Those are very valuable to have. Plus N.O would still be looking for their QB.

Sean Payton talking about players said “Do we see this guy as a part of our next Super Bowl?” I have to ask the same question about Dennis Allen and it’s a clear NO. He isn’t getting us to a SB as head coach. I say yes as a DC but that ship sailed. We have to move on if we are serious about a SB.

Firing DA after one year doesn't set a bad precedent since he was brought in on the basis of continuity. We were a winning team with a winning coaching staff, he failed to carry that on. Loomis should make it clear that the next coaching staff will get a longer leash and be given a few seasons to right the ship.

A failure to fire him after this season would be catastrophic for the franchise. He'll no doubt draft a QB and if he fails next season he'll just blame it on having a rookie QB and Loomis will give him a 3rd year. 3 years of losing will destroy why good will we had with free agents and it's not like New Orleans is all that an attractive of a destination to live anyways.
That's not really true. All franchises have been through down periods and another season with DA isn't going to cripple the franchise on its own. It's not going to be catastrophic on it's own. Some coaches do well right out the gate, while others take a couple of years to find their stride, and others don't ever get there. I don't think Allen being a complete failure is a forgone conclusion, but time isn't exactly on his side either. We'll see.
:ROFLMAO: I despise privilege and people getting second chances when overqualified people can't get the first chance. The guy has a total of almost four years as an HC and you talk about him like he's a freshman in college. He's losing in the face of adversity, not winning. After years to prepare for a second stint, he picked a poor coaching staff,a terrible medical staff, and his signature wins are against losing teams, and we have a 4-win total.
Actually 3 years, but carry on. :9:

That's not really true. All franchises have been through down periods and another season with DA isn't going to cripple the franchise on its own. It's not going to be catastrophic on it's own. Some coaches do well right out the gate, while others take a couple of years to find their stride, and others don't ever get there. I don't think Allen being a complete failure is a forgone conclusion, but time isn't exactly on his side either. We'll see.

Actually 3 years, but carry on. :9:
I think a franchise has to have a five to seven year run of complete bad football before it can cripple a franchise.
Like you said, every team has a down season or two especially in the NFL.

This. The trade was a very good trade. Without it, Saints have niether thier star WR and their next franchise LT. Those are very valuable to have. Plus N.O would still be looking for their QB.
No matter how you slice it, we overpaid and it’s far worse considering we’ll be handing the Eagles a top 10 at worst pick next year. Saints sites are the only place justifying giving up 5 picks just to move up to take a WR. Olave has been great, but is he putting wins up?

How can you say “franchise LT” when he’s yet to see the field?

If the moves we made were so wonderful, why are we 4-7 and among the worst teams in the NFL?

He didn't pick his coaching staff. That's what continuity means. He also didn't pick his medical staff and the medical staff doesn't cause injuries.

You cannot win with half your money on the sidelines.

Your argument about his record in Oakland is silly. He had a terrible team. Terrible structure and he was young and unqualified. He may still be, but you sure can't judge him on this year.

He didn't have Kamarra fumble away a game. And, some of his "signature losses" were very close due to dumb fool players.

No matter how you slice it, we overpaid and it’s far worse considering we’ll be handing the Eagles a top 10 at worst pick next year. Saints sites are the only place justifying giving up 5 picks just to move up to take a WR. Olave has been great, but is he putting wins up?

If the moves we made were so wonderful, why are we 4-7 and among the worst teams in the NFL?
Because sometimes it takes time for a team with a new coaching staff to gel and find their identity with new leaders. Injuries have played a big role and a lot has happened this season to contribute to where they are at this point. And let's face, whether we like it or not, Allen is going to be given two seasons to show he can get it done. I think we went into the season with high expectations, and what we've seen has left a bad taste in out mouths so far. The team ain't dead yet and I'm not really expecting to win against a loaded 49ers team, but after that, every game is winnable, which would likely be enough to win the division. I'm not expecting that at this point, but right now what I'm looking for is improved play and good quality football. I just want to see them not shoot themselves in the foot with stupid penalties and unforced mistakes.

We're also 4-7 because the qb play has been largely underwhelming. If they're gonna win more games, they need more games like Dalton has vs the Rams. We'll see.

Even with a first round pick this year Saints are far from getting a close to a sure thing at playing QB. N.O probably wins about two more games.

True WRs don't put up wins, but fact of the matter is without him the Saints Recieving group in 22 is close to being as bad as the 21 group. In today's NFL a team needs a star WR for the offense to have any chance of being productive.

As for Penning he was drafted in the mid first round and rated as one of the best in the draft, that makes him a franchise LT until he is proven not to be

He didn't pick his coaching staff. That's what continuity means. He also didn't pick his medical staff and the medical staff doesn't cause injuries.

You cannot win with half your money on the sidelines.

Your argument about his record in Oakland is silly. He had a terrible team. Terrible structure and he was young and unqualified. He may still be, but you sure can't judge him on this year.

He didn't have Kamarra fumble away a game. And, some of his "signature losses" were very close due to dumb fool players.
He did make changes to the staff, try again.
All teams have injuries, try again.
You keep talking about how bad Oakland is, but you cannot answer why those teams played better before and after DA, you continuing to call them a bad team without looking at the record is baseless.
He's the coach, and how a team plays is a reflection of the coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom