Is There A Win Total That Saves DA’s Job? (1 Viewer)

For example, if the Saints can somehow get to 7 wins, does DA return next year?
Super Bowl is the only Antidote!!!!!
I've seen enough out of this Coaching Staff I'd love to keep Position staff and replace the the rest. Hire Bienemy and get this QB situation figured Trevor Lawrence is possible is a few years hes gonna want to get outta Jax if not traded before

If we lose every other game this season, Allen will still be our coach next year. Like it or not he will be given a pass.
This is how I felt during the so-called coaching search. Privaledge is real.

I agree with the assessment offered by Underhill and Triplett that the real issue is not how many games the team wins, but how hard the team plays for Allen. And I agree with those who say that were Allen to be released, the Saints' job would not be an attractive one with no first-round pick (and second-round pick in 2024) and an unfavorable salary cap. There is a reason Sean left--and it wasn't to live in Idaho and wear ill-fitting clothes on television.

I hate the idea of X number of wins to save his job. Either the guy is the answer or not. It’s not like he’s coming in as a first year coach to get the feel for the organization, clean up a mess, find his guys, what have you.

He’s known in the building. He’s been a head coach before. He’s not a rookie figuring things out. He’s a guy who had a terrible record in Oakland that got fired. He’s taken a top 3 offense and had it regress.

Loomis knows what he has. The question is if this is what they want. If the plan is to let Allen stumble around as they reset the roster and shed salary then I can see him staying. But if Loomis thinks we still have the talent to be winning and Allen is stumbling clueless through the season then I believe he is gone. People in business know a bad hire, and know you can’t fix it. That’s my opinion of Allen. I don’t think he can be fixed.

We did not have a top 3 offense last year. What he inherited was nothing. What he added and had return after injury was projected to be pretty good and to go along with a great D.

If anything, DA's failure has been the regression of the Defense, but you cannot win in this league starting 3 QBs, and with half your line and weapons on the sidelines in walking boots.

What DA inherited from last year's offense, was bad.

For me I don't care if he makes the playoffs, he has mismanaged this team into the ground and he can take the medical staff with him.

Did he hire the medical staff? Get real.
Get real, that's not the point. Aren't you the least bit curious why Terron Armstead is 10 for 10 in starts for Miami once leaving here and we have been decimated by injuries 2 years in a row.

I’m sure we’ll give him another year and the upside to that is we will have another season to tank for a high draft pick, and we’ll get to keep it this time.

5-12 and then 3-14 should get him fired and we can reset with some high picks.

Guessing most of us think DA should be fired after this season but I don't see Gayle or Loomis making the call this year... so those who want DA to stay
, you will get your wish

Get real, that's not the point. Aren't you the least bit curious why Terron Armstead is 10 for 10 in starts for Miami once leaving here and we have been decimated by injuries 2 years in a row.

I have a whole lot of math in my educational background so I know why.

It's called bad luck. Medical staff doesn't get guys hurt. Rolling up on guys gets guys hurt. Bad playing surfaces. Crazy athletic attempts to catch off target passes.

You're trying to assume a causal relationship between injury and treatment. That's not how it works.

Picked up on that did you?

I'm saying that even if we win out, his job is still at risk because of how poorly the first 11 games have gone in comparison to preseason expectations...
That's simply not true. The front office isn't known for cutting bait with staff in their first season. Unless they lose out, or lose 4 or more of their last 6, I'm not seeing Allen going anywhere. Allen might shake up the staff a bit, but I don't see him getting canned.

That said, I'd support the front office if they decided to move on from Allen. I don't expect anything will happen until after the season is over.

Ah yes the renewed optimism that follows a win. Even though it was against a 3 win team that just lost their offensive player of the year WR and then lost their QB halfway through the game.

Baring winning out there shouldn't be anything that saves Allen's job. The whole point of hiring him was keeping together the majority of the coaching staff that we were having success with prior. The success part is gone so there is no point to keep him. If he's allowed to chose the next QB it'll be a disaster as Allen will eventually be fired and the next QB might not be the desired player for the next coaching staff. We'll be right back at square one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom