Is There A Win Total That Saves DA’s Job? (1 Viewer)

If it was only injuries I would agree. But we’ve seen a lot of undisciplined, unmotivated football this year.

Did you ever play football or any sport at a high level?

I ask because new people thrust into playing time are prone to mistakes. New coaches with new players under this silly new no-practice / no-preseason climate are likely to have a hard time including getting their players tight and right.

I haven't seen the first bit of unmotivated play. The whole idea you can tell what's going on in someone's head from inside a helmet or even by their facial expression is stupid. Some people are loud and easy to read. Others are not. In the face of conflict, the guys like Brees and Manning who look like surgeons and whose pulse rates stay at 54 are the guys who perform best under pressure.

If Allen can motivate his players why do we see Kamara and other team leaders publicly calling it out?

If Allen can motivate his players, tell me how many players have performed better this year than in previous years.

In what ways exactly do you see players improving from the first game until now?

In what ways do you see the defense improving?

In what ways are you seeing the offense improve, play calling improve, player utilization improving?

If Allen can motivate his players why do we see Kamara and other team leaders publicly calling it out?

If Allen can motivate his players, tell me how many players have performed better this year than in previous years.

In what ways exactly do you see players improving from the first game until now?

In what ways do you see the defense improving?

In what ways are you seeing the offense improve, play calling improve, player utilization improving?

You're trying to say Kamarra was calling out the coaches when he plainly wasn't. You're trying to read in to his statement something that wasn't there because it fits your opinion.

Team leaders are leaders because they speak out. It's why they have the gold C on their chest. It's why it's his job to step up and provide leadership.

Michael Thomas played better this year than last. SO has Ruiz and Peat. Ellis and Werner too. I think it's pretty fair to say that both back up DEs have done pretty well.

Did you watch the game on Sunday? If you don't see improvement in the offense, better play calling, game planning and utilization it's simply a continuation of you seeing and hearing what you want to hear and see because it suits your opinion when, in reality, you're wrong.

Get real, that's not the point. Aren't you the least bit curious why Terron Armstead is 10 for 10 in starts for Miami once leaving here and we have been decimated by injuries 2 years in a row.

Don’t think any saints fan would have predicted this. Yep, it does question what the heck is Miami doing vs what the saints have done.

There are things that you look at that are not really part of the win/loss column, such as freak injuries or freak plays that change a game or season. You also look at how a team is playing above their level or below their level. Our team has had some injuries this year, but they are playing below their level generally. That lack of grit and tenacity, focus and performance, belief and drive are the reasons we are not impressed with Dennis Allen. The win / loss record is just a product of that.

Coach them up, coach!

I tend to agree with this, as well as what I believe to be the biggest factor into why DA stays next season… The Saints are NOT an attractive job for a new HC next season… No QB, no 1st rounder, and negative cap space to go along with an aging and injury plagued vet core.
I understand what you’re saying, but I disagree. There are only 32 openings for this job. I also would say you can walk in to the job and know you’re safe for a few years to build your team and dismantle this hot mess we are currently in.

I understand what you’re saying, but I disagree. There are only 32 openings for this job. I also would say you can walk in to the job and know you’re safe for a few years to build your team and dismantle this hot mess we are currently in.
There might be 32 but we won't be the only team looking if we go that route. I think he should go, but the way it happens needs to be professional. Firing him after one year would not make anyone think they're secure in the job, but keeping him on could be worse for the organization.

Michael Thomas played better this year than last.

This has gotten straight up comical. The 3 games Michael Thomas played this year were clearly better than the 0 he played last year. This defense of Allen is BIZARRE.

You can make the case, I think on rocky foundation, that firing any coach after 1 season is a never a good idea. I think Allen excused himself from that protection with his disastrous 3 years in Oakland. If he finishes 5-12, it will be his 3rd 12 loss season out of 3 full seasons as a HC. The other season he was well on his way to at least 12 losses. Any HC candidate with half a brain will say, well the dude lost 12 games, AGAIN.

Then, Allen being the 'continuity' guy who.....murdered the continuity. I just dont now how you rebuild, by carrying over the old failure.

We had Payton through 3 straight 7-9 seasons. Its not like weve done this before. But defending Allen to this degree is on some other level of odd.

There might be 32 but we won't be the only team looking if we go that route. I think he should go, but the way it happens needs to be professional. Firing him after one year would not make anyone think they're secure in the job, but keeping him on could be worse for the organization.
But the Saints historically don’t switch coaches quickly. Mora was here for a long time, even after he should’ve walked away. They held on to Ditka 3 years too long. Haslett also they kept for a while long. Payton was the second longest tenured coach. I mean sometimes you just get a bad hire. That’s all there is to it.

Not sold on DA. He was not a very good coach leading the Raiders. He seems lost out there as a HC. He is a good coordinator. One other important thing that I have not seen mentioned is Pete Carmichael. He is horrible. His play calling is horrendous and with no imagination. It was SP calling the plays previously and definitely not Carmichael.

This has gotten straight up comical. The 3 games Michael Thomas played this year were clearly better than the 0 he played last year. This defense of Allen is BIZARRE.

You can make the case, I think on rocky foundation, that firing any coach after 1 season is a never a good idea. I think Allen excused himself from that protection with his disastrous 3 years in Oakland. If he finishes 5-12, it will be his 3rd 12 loss season out of 3 full seasons as a HC. The other season he was well on his way to at least 12 losses. Any HC candidate with half a brain will say, well the dude lost 12 games, AGAIN.

Then, Allen being the 'continuity' guy who.....murdered the continuity. I just dont now how you rebuild, by carrying over the old failure.

We had Payton through 3 straight 7-9 seasons. Its not like weve done this before. But defending Allen to this degree is on some other level of odd.
There is no defense for DA, I think some people don't think Loomis will pull the trigger and claim his record in Oakland should be expunged, so he's technically a 1st-year coach. Plus, if he fires Allen he's on the hot seat next.

Payton's an offensive minded coach.

2007: 4th in total yards, 12th in scoring.
2008: 1st in total yards, 1st in scoring.
2014: 1st in total yards, 9th in scoring.
2015: 2nd in total yards, 8th in scoring.
2016: 1st in total yards, 2nd in scoring.

Averaged 2nd in total yardage, 6th in scoring. Payton's offensive mind was working, he just hadn't found the right DC to pair with during those bad years. He also earned a lot of leeway after the whole winning a Super Bowl thing and making the Saints a genuinely good team. Guys like that have to basically commit mass murder to get fired.

Dennis Allen's a defensive minded coach.

2012: 18th in yards, 28th in scoring.
2013: 22nd in yards, 29th in scoring.
2014: fired after losing the first four games. His defense in those four games allowed an average of 365.25ypg and 25.75ppg. That puts them on pace to finish 23rd in yards and 26th in scoring defense for that year compared to the final season stats of the league.
2022: 12th in yards, 25th in scoring currently.

Allen so far averages out to 19th in yards and 27th in scoring on defense when he's the Head Coach.

He's a defensive minded coach without the defensive numbers to back it.

Just no way it will sit well with me if they retain him.

Firing DA after one year doesn't set a bad precedent since he was brought in on the basis of continuity. We were a winning team with a winning coaching staff, he failed to carry that on. Loomis should make it clear that the next coaching staff will get a longer leash and be given a few seasons to right the ship.

A failure to fire him after this season would be catastrophic for the franchise. He'll no doubt draft a QB and if he fails next season he'll just blame it on having a rookie QB and Loomis will give him a 3rd year. 3 years of losing will destroy why good will we had with free agents and it's not like New Orleans is all that an attractive of a destination to live anyways.

I tend to agree with this, as well as what I believe to be the biggest factor into why DA stays next season… The Saints are NOT an attractive job for a new HC next season… No QB, no 1st rounder, and negative cap space to go along with an aging and injury plagued vet core.
Hate to say it but I agree I think it will be an unattractive opening and I don't think the organizational culture is one that will make a change after one season what I see is a lame duck interim situation midseason in 2023 after which I hope the cap issue / CSP compensation issues have been resolved making it a more attractive opening

I'm not defending allen. I'm defending the plan and the process.

you are associating previous success by a very young coach hired by an idiot to run a bad franchise in prediction of what DA can be here with a healthy squad.

CSP retired after piecing together an ok record last year with dismal talent. DA is not CSP, but the hand he's been dealt is hard to win with.

If he poops himself on the rest of the season I may change my mind, but I doubt he will and I know that the Saints as an organization are far less prone to deluded histrionics than fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom