Is There A Win Total That Saves DA’s Job? (1 Viewer)

Firing DA after one year doesn't set a bad precedent since he was brought in on the basis of continuity. We were a winning team with a winning coaching staff, he failed to carry that on. Loomis should make it clear that the next coaching staff will get a longer leash and be given a few seasons to right the ship.

A failure to fire him after this season would be catastrophic for the franchise. He'll no doubt draft a QB and if he fails next season he'll just blame it on having a rookie QB and Loomis will give him a 3rd year. 3 years of losing will destroy why good will we had with free agents and it's not like New Orleans is all that an attractive of a destination to live anyways.

Have any of you folks ever heard of the term "opportunity cost?

I ask because you seem to think there's some magical option we have that will return us to 13-3.

There isn't. We had it once in 06 and it's likely to never come again. The path is to stay the course and let the plan work and odd luck run its course.

I'm not defending allen. I'm defending the plan and the process.

you are associating previous success by a very young coach hired by an idiot to run a bad franchise in prediction of what DA can be here with a healthy squad.

CSP retired after piecing together an ok record last year with dismal talent. DA is not CSP, but the hand he's been dealt is hard to win with.

If he poops himself on the rest of the season I may change my mind, but I doubt he will and I know that the Saints as an organization are far less prone to deluded histrionics than fans.

Excuses are like buttholes, everybody has one. Sean Payton never lost more than 9 games in a season. Allen could end up with his 3rd with 12 losses in 3 full seasons.

I quit taking anything seriously after “Michael Thomas was playing better this year than last”. This has gone off the rails into the realm of the absurd.

This is a doozy as well “The path is to stay the course and let the plan work and odd luck run its course.”

Follow the titanic to the bottom of the ocean with Allen. Unreal.

I'm not defending allen. I'm defending the plan and the process.

you are associating previous success by a very young coach hired by an idiot to run a bad franchise in prediction of what DA can be here with a healthy squad.

CSP retired after piecing together an ok record last year with dismal talent. DA is not CSP, but the hand he's been dealt is hard to win with.

If he poops himself on the rest of the season I may change my mind, but I doubt he will and I know that the Saints as an organization are far less prone to deluded histrionics than fans.
This is my pushback. All teams have injuries, that's a lame excuse. Yes, Oakland was not the best destination, but the team did better before and after Allen. Everyone makes this excuse, but it's not true. The coaches before and after Allen had better records. Also, before Payton, we weren't necessarily considered the best franchise.
I don't think Loomis will pull the trigger, but this notion that DA got a raw deal in Oakland is not valid; guys like Sean, McVay, and others get it right from day one.

Excuses are like buttholes, everybody has one. Sean Payton never lost more than 9 games in a season. Allen could end up with his 3rd with 12 losses in 3 full seasons.

I quit taking anything seriously after “Michael Thomas was playing better this year than last”. This has gone off the rails into the realm of the absurd.

This is a doozy as well “The path is to stay the course and let the plan work and odd luck run its course.”

Follow the titanic to the bottom of the ocean with Allen. Unreal.

I'd be willing to bet that my suggestion is more likely to be successful and more likely to be followed than yours.

I'd be willing to bet you won't put your money where your mouth is either.

Let's play. 1000 donation to SR - if they fire DA I pay. If they don't, you do. Before the end of this season.

Another 1000 if the Saints with DA win 9 games next year or less. If less than 10 wins next year, I donate to SR. 9 or more and you donate to the cause.

Man up!

This is my pushback. All teams have injuries, that's a lame excuse. Yes, Oakland was not the best destination, but the team did better before and after Allen. Everyone makes this excuse, but it's not true. The coaches before and after Allen had better records. Also, before Payton, we weren't necessarily considered the best franchise.
I don't think Loomis will pull the trigger, but this notion that DA got a raw deal in Oakland is not valid; guys like Sean, McVay, and others get it right from day one.
Oakland has been a dumpster fire for decades or they would never have hired an unqualified coach like DA in the first place. Blaming him for losing is about like blaming a fat guy for being hungry.

Loomis will not fire DA. I know this to be true unless he gets caught screwing the new male cheer crews.

All teams have injuries.

Most teams don't win the superbowl.

We have more injuries than anyone and because of that we can't win sheet.

It's not an excuse to consider we have half our payroll on the sidelines.

I've tired of arguing with people who believe a new coach should be able to elevate practice squad players with 1 day's roster presences into all pros. It's not possible and it's numbing to consider.

Without your best players you cannot win in a parity-based league.

Stop the stupid.

I disagree completely. I think it's asinine to expect anyone to succeed at anything in short order given impossible odds. The Saints and society would be better off learning patience and lessening the microwave society.

CSP was lucky in 06. All the stars aligned. That's not how it goes when you have 9 out of 22 starters on the sideline next to your retired former QB.

I’m not buying the injury excuse because to me it’s more than just the record. It’s the demeanor of the team, they look completely rudderless most of the time….with just as many or even more injuries last year they competed and fought hard last season….I don’t see anywhere near that level of intensity this year….

That stars aligned/lucky comment is total BS….CSP knows how to lead and build a good team culture, it is pretty clear to me that DA doesn’t….

Nope because he won't get fired and I have to get my mind wrapped around that.

No, and I wholly agree with what some other poster said…It’s not necessarily the record but how hard the team is playing/fighting that matters….against decent teams….haven’t seen that yet this year…..

No, and I wholly agree with what some other poster said…It’s not necessarily the record but how hard the team is playing/fighting that matters….against decent teams….haven’t seen that yet this year…..
Its not about wins but performance, and DA may get another year but some assistants may not be back as they may adjust the staff before the head coach.

This isn’t a popular position on this board but the first round draft pick issue is overblown. Olave is the best rookie in the bunch and without Thomas, he’s indispensable. They hit on that pick. Penning has been hurt, but if he’s solid then that was a hit as well. With our move toward a power run game, Penning is perfect as a crushing blocker. If Payton gets hired next year and we get our first round pick back then the draft moves were good. Can’t judge it until it plays out.
Bensons aren't Davises. And, DA is the coach of the Saints next year unless CSP decides to beg for his job back.
CSP won’t have to “beg” for anything.

Last edited:
Payton's an offensive minded coach.

2007: 4th in total yards, 12th in scoring.
2008: 1st in total yards, 1st in scoring.
2014: 1st in total yards, 9th in scoring.
2015: 2nd in total yards, 8th in scoring.
2016: 1st in total yards, 2nd in scoring.
Drew Brees.

Oakland has been a dumpster fire for decades or they would never have hired an unqualified coach like DA in the first place. Blaming him for losing is about like blaming a fat guy for being hungry.

Loomis will not fire DA. I know this to be true unless he gets caught screwing the new male cheer crews.

All teams have injuries.

Most teams don't win the superbowl.

We have more injuries than anyone and because of that we can't win sheet.

It's not an excuse to consider we have half our payroll on the sidelines.

I've tired of arguing with people who believe a new coach should be able to elevate practice squad players with 1 day's roster presences into all pros. It's not possible and it's numbing to consider.

Without your best players you cannot win in a parity-based league.

Stop the stupid.
So explain why the coaches before and after him have better records. As you said, "stop the stupid" I don't expect him to be fired, but the first-year excuse is bull shirt, he's a career-losing coach.

So explain why the coaches before and after him have better records. As you said, "stop the stupid" I don't expect him to be fired, but the first-year excuse is bull shirt, he's a career-losing coach.

Coaches before him for the Saints have a better record? What, one of them who fielded an all world D and couldn't score to save his life? We never had a playoff win for 30 years man, come on.

Look, I have patience. I despise the instant gratification needs of this country and fans of the Saints. Things don't always go how you want them so I judge people on how they do in adversity. With DA, the sample size is too small and considering what happened in Oakland is statistically irrelevant to what's going on now.

If the losing continues and sloppy play even when our hurt leaders are back on the field, I'll change my mind, but until then slow the roll.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom