Is there any chance that New Orleans may add any USFL players? (1 Viewer)

I wouldn’t mind kicking the treads on Bo Scarbrough and/or Breakers DT Reggie Howard and Breakers TE Sal Cannella. Both Breakers were All USFL players

Why, what is your reasoning behind the answer no?
In my mind the Team is absolutely stacked as it is. I feel like the extra roster spots will go to DL WR and DB. I dont see these guys beating out who we presently have and I fully expect my camp beast nominee UDFA DE from Syracuse, The Return man Shaheed and Smoke Monday to make the team meaning these usfl guys would need to beat tjem ans the vets they beat

In my mind the Team is absolutely stacked as it is. I feel like the extra roster spots will go to DL WR and DB. I dont see these guys beating out who we presently have and I fully expect my camp beast nominee UDFA DE from Syracuse, The Return man Shaheed and Smoke Monday to make the team meaning these usfl guys would need to beat tjem ans the vets they beat
We could bring in one of the RB's on a tryout basis for when Kamara gets suspended. But if not, I think we can make do with what we have. I believe we still need to bring in a LB'er , preferably Kwon Alexander.

That was my thinking also. Whatever few spots are open i hope they are used for some UDFA talents. Every year it seems a few UDFA players make the team.

I have no doubt some USFL players will make NFL rosters.

IDK...playing in a summer league then going directly into a TC then a 18 game season seems like a lot of football for one calendar year..

Re us taking on one of these guys and have them contribute in 2022? I dont think we have any "job openings", this is going to be a hard 53 man roster for an outsider to crack.

That was my thinking also. Whatever few spots are open i hope they are used for some UDFA talents. Every year it seems a few UDFA players make the team.

I have no doubt some USFL players will make NFL rosters.
what difference does it make if the player is USFL or UDFA? If they make the team it’s because they earned the spot! Not sure why it matters where they came from!

The Saints have always talked about the various different ways by which they can acquire talent. Trade, draft, free agency, undrafted free agency, etc. If they wouldn't at the very least be looking at this channel, they wouldn't be doing their jobs. Looking and signing are two different things, but I'd bet the house they're doing the first at the very least.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom