Is there any Realistic Way We Can Get a 2nd Rounder Today? (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
This is not a Disneyland or Cheech and Chong thread. This is a realistic request. Are there any player we can package to get a 2nd rounder that makes sense to other teams?

Trading wives or dogs do not count!

We'll see what happens with Ivory and whether we can trade our 3rd + him for a 2nd or something like that.

Or we might trade a pick.

You can bet at some point in this draft we'll move up or down.

I don't think so/want. Let me explain. I REALLY WANT a 2nd, but if we were going to get one IMO it would have been from trading back last night. I don't want to use future picks for a 2nd. We'll see though, excited about the 3rd round and hopefully some high value guys continue to drop.

Player trades don't often happen on draft day but we pick relatively early in the 3rd round. If there's a guy that slides to the late 2nd, we may make a move. Today's about being patient though. There will be some 2nd round talent available when we pick in the 3rd if we do wait it out

It's possible that we take a guy like William gholston in the 3rd. He's a younger will smith. Could provide depth at OLB if he loses weight or could possibly even start at DE if the chips fall our way

Not really Worth...Look at the board and You will see some very good players left and no matter how you look at it we will have an interesting situation when were on the clock at 75

No. They have peddled away enough picks.

So what makes you think we'll stop now?

Loomis and Payton have proven over and over that they simply don't value quantity of picks over getting who they want.

I.E. We never trade back in the 1st for "extra picks" like everyone always wants. We often trade picks for veteran players. We routinely move up in the middle rounds to get who we want. Etc.

Besides Ivory who is a 5th round trade pick, is there anybody else we have who could be packaged with Ivory to move get a 2nd?

I don't think so/want. Let me explain. I REALLY WANT a 2nd, but if we were going to get one IMO it would have been from trading back last night. I don't want to use future picks for a 2nd. We'll see though, excited about the 3rd round and hopefully some high value guys continue to drop.

If they get the niners 34 for next year's first (presumably #32) I'll be happy. I just wonder if there's a player worth doing that for. Maybe Tank Carradine?

Possibly Ivory & Harper for a 3rd?

But you would have to find a team with two 3rd round picks, cap space and needed those players.

All I ask is that we don't give up any of next year's picks. It would probably take next year's first to move up into this year's second.

I would like more to get extra picks.

It's possible, but there are slim chances of getting to the second round.

We better learn to take better care of our picks from now on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom