Is there any way we could sign Nnamdi, Butler, AND Bryant McKinnie? And still have room for a contract with Graham? (1 Viewer)

Graham's contract is for years not mentioned here. His cap number will be nonexistent in the first year, manageable in year two and then Loomis turns up the volume on his magic show. I don't think we can afford these three guys now. Unless we trade Harper which is impossible.

Graham can be tagged next year... yeah it'll suck for him but the team has that option.

So with that said... the answer to your original question is "Yes" we can afford all of them.

Yes, Brees would have to do a Brady like restructure/contract extension and probably release someone like Ivory (or trade him would be more favorable) which saves us 2 million more.

Signing the 3 players mentioned puts us at the end of our cap. The signing of Graham would be where a lot of nice wheeling and dealing would have to take place by Mick the Slick Loomis.

My first thought was absolutely not, but with Loomis all things are possible.

This pretty much says it all. Every year some doubt him and every year he makes it happen. Last year I didn't think we could do hardly anything in free agency. What does The Mick do? He brings in Lofton, Grubbs, Hawthorne, Bunkley, and Chamberlin. Five guys who were productive starters the year before. Never doubt this man.

Nnamdi, Butler, and McKinnie would be a dream come true FA scenario.

I think we wait a year for Graham's contract, franchise tag him then sign him to a long term deal.

Well seeing as JG's contract has another year left on it his has nothing to do with the first 3.

I believe so with Loomis working his magic. I'm just worried about our cap say 2-3 years from now with all the restructres and such.

YES, Loomis is a mathematician....:9: (You got that JAKE!):hihi:

Can we just sign somebody , one of them at least . I do have to say this FA period has been frustrating to say the least especially with so many holes to fill.?

I'm just worried about our cap say 2-3 years from now with all the restructres and such.

I'm not. I'd be very surprised if his spreadsheet doesn't cover the next 5 years. He's got it all mapped out, and restructures are a revolving process. Every year we're competitive and right up against the cap. That won't change. May lose some players we don't want to see go, but that's part of the business.

Buying a powerball ticket? Just an idea.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/0sR4BJckFbs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/0sR4BJckFbs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom