Is there really a market for Teddy Bridgewater? (1 Viewer)

Teddy could start, but I am guessing no GM wants to put their name on Teddy as "THE STARTER" in case he gets injured again.
Relying on Teddy as your QB#1 will get you fired if it doesn't work.

Teddy needs to land someplace where Teddy can replace a bad QB who is currently starting or take over a season if there's a major injury and win the organization over.
Says the team that turned their back on him. I might not have the full story but I thought you cut him lose when the docs said he wouldn't recove fully? He had one major injury, sounds like what San Diego did to Drew.

Ryan Tannehill is neither the top FA QB or above Teddy on the FA QB list. LOL. Come on.

I've gotta disagree there.

Tannehill took a team on the ropes and has them in the AFC Championship game. He did it completing 70% of his passes and throwing 22 TDs to 6 INTs. He has none of the injury concerns teams may have with Teddy.

He's above Teddy on the FA market IMO but it won't matter because the Titans are going to re-sign him.

I've gotta disagree there.

Tannehill took a team on the ropes and has them in the AFC Championship game. He did it completing 70% of his passes and throwing 22 TDs to 6 INTs. He has none of the injury concerns teams may have with Teddy.

He's above Teddy on the FA market IMO but it won't matter because the Titans are going to re-sign him.

He's been in the league since 2012. He's started 98 football games. He's attempted 3200 passes in the league. He's a known quantity, and that quantity is that he's garbage. The Titans may sign him to a team friendly deal to reward his fluke season, but you can bet your house that they're on the lookout for a long-term solution.

Teddy will get 2x the AAV that Tannehill gets. Feel free to bookmark this and pull this back up if I'm wrong (I won't be).

He's been in the league since 2012. He's started 98 football games. He's attempted 3200 passes in the league. He's a known quantity, and that quantity is that he's garbage. The Titans may sign him to a team friendly deal to reward his fluke season, but you can bet your house that they're on the lookout for a long-term solution.

Teddy will get 2x the AAV that Tannehill gets. Feel free to bookmark this and pull this back up if I'm wrong (I won't be).

I'll gladly bookmark it because there's a 0.0% chance that Teddy gets 2x what Tannehill gets.

Tannehill was a pretty good QB from 2014-2017, certainly as good (sometimes better) as Teddy was in Minnesota during his two years starting. I think you overrate Teddy in this instance even though I'm for signing and starting him over Taysom.

And I'm struggling to not think you being a Texas fan isn't coloring this discussion.

I'll gladly bookmark it because there's a 0.0% chance that Teddy gets 2x what Tannehill gets.

Tannehill was a pretty good QB from 2014-2017, certainly as good (sometimes better) as Teddy was in Minnesota during his two years starting. I think you overrate Teddy in this instance even though I'm for signing and starting him over Taysom.

And I'm struggling to not think you being a Texas fan isn't coloring this discussion.

** Barring him re-signing with the Saints. I think there's a nonzero chance (maybe 20%) that he signs a ridiculously team-friendly deal because he loves New Orleans and the organization.

Bookmark it.

Teddy could start, but I am guessing no GM wants to put their name on Teddy as "THE STARTER" in case he gets injured again.
Relying on Teddy as your QB#1 will get you fired if it doesn't work.

Teddy needs to land someplace where Teddy can replace a bad QB who is currently starting or take over a season if there's a major injury and win the organization over.
Depending on the market, I think his intentions would be to go to a place where he can start and be the Man. Chicago could be possible but I believe that regime is going to give Tribusky a full shot for another year.

Last edited:
I know a lot has been mentioned as regards to Teddy leaving, or the Saints being able to give him a decent contract to remain our future QB. However I'm not 100% sure that there is a strong market for TB.
Here are the teams that I know will be looking for a QB:
  • Cincinnati
  • Miami
  • Tampa Bay (possibly)
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Pittsburgh
  • New England
  • Carolina
Teams like the Chargers, Steelers, Patriots and Panthers will be looking ahead. However with the Panthers it is very tricky what they will decide to do. My gut tells me that they will target someone in the draft and allow Cam Newton to walk. So here are the QBs that could possibly hit the Free Agency market this year:
  • Tom Brady (possibly)
  • Andy Dalton
  • Marcus Mariota
  • Cam Newton
The reason I listed the Patriots and Tom Brady is because of the rumors of being leaving or staying. Either way, New England will definitely look for a QB soon. So with players like Burrow, Tua & Jalen hurts possibly going to one of the teams above, I am not sure how strong of a market will be for Teddy, especially being a starter.

What are yours thoughts?
The Saints are looking for a QB as well
** Barring him re-signing with the Saints. I think there's a nonzero chance (maybe 20%) that he signs a ridiculously team-friendly deal because he loves New Orleans and the organization.

Bookmark it.
When Teddy starts for the Saints next season, some fans will sh@t a brick. And it won't be because of his football resume or his salary.

When Teddy starts for the Saints next season, some fans will shirt a brick. And it won't be because of his football resume or his salary.

I think Brees is coming back, and I don't think the Saints are going to tell him no. But your last sentence.. you're right, of course.

The Saints are looking for a QB as well

When Teddy starts for the Saints next season, some fans will sh@t a brick. And it won't be because of his football resume or his salary.
We will definitely have the next future QB on the roster. We don't know who it will be at this point, but it will be addressed this offseason/draft.

I think Brees is coming back, and I don't think the Saints are going to tell him no. But your last sentence.. you're right, of course.
the Saints only guaranteed 26 mil of a two year extension for Brees in 2018. And Brees had to beg for a no trade clause to be added. He is now 2 years older. I would be shocked, No, I would be embarrassed if the Saints waist cap space on Brees next season. There are too many other players on the team that needs to be resigned. Handicapping your cap space for a declining QB when that money can go to other positions with a younger QB would make the Saints the laughing stock of the league.

the Saints only guaranteed 26 mil of a two year extension for Brees in 2018. And Brees had to beg for a no trade clause to be added. He is now 2 years older. I would be shocked, No, I would be embarrassed if the Saints waist cap space on Brees next season. There are too many other players on the team that needs to be resigned. Handicapping your cap space for a declining QB when that money can go to other positions with a younger QB would make the Saints the laughing stock of the league.

I just don't see it.

Brees has at least a year of legend-equity built up. They're not going to tell him he can't play for us in 2020 if he wants to come back, which I'm pretty sure he does.

I just don't see it.

Brees has at least a year of legend-equity built up. They're not going to tell him he can't play for us in 2020 if he wants to come back, which I'm pretty sure he does.
Here is the thing. They wont have to literally tell him. They just wont pay him. They definitely won't pay him more than the last contract. If he feels he is worth more, he can go to another team. If the Saints were planning on keeping him long term, they would have guaranteed the entire 50 mil extension back in 2018. He's a HOF QB. Why would they not? He saw the writing on the wall with the last extension.

I just don't see it.

The saints MO in situations like this have been to allow the player to test the waters and let the player see what his market value is. If a team makes Brees a ridiculous offer then the saints can match or move on. I think the saints are saying all the right things right now to soften the business decision that may be ahead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom