Is this Drew Brees "Crossroads" game? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Much has been made of Brees first two games this season. I'll be the first one to say he hasn't played up to his own lofty standards up to this point. The media has been in a feeding frenzy and alot has been said like Drew Brees should not have come back, his game is off, Saints won't win the Super Bowl with Brees.

Some even say he should be benched if he plays poorly this Sunday night. I won't go that far. I believe Brees will bounce back to silence his critics once azz gain. That's definitely what I'm hoping for.

Brees has played somewhat poorly, but the whole offense has been out of sync. I believe when everyone is on the same page, we’ll be fine. This “Is Brees done” talk has been going on for years after he has a bad game. He always rebounds and silences the critics. As I said in another post, when he’s no longer able to do that, we’ll know he’s done, at least playing at the level we’ve grown accustomed to.

I generally at least want to see 4 games, one quarter of a season, before I start making any kind of sweeping judgment. The worst I've seen from Brees is a bad 4 game stretch anyway. Given we have an early bye, I'd say that might be the "crossroads". I don't think you should make a snap judgement with QBs more than any position and even more so with Brees. You might even want to see how he comes back after the bye. Micheal Thomas plays a role in this also.

Regardless, I don't think it will come to any of that, I think he just needs to get in sync with receivers and get his mind right.

Much has been made of Brees first two games this season. I'll be the first one to say he hasn't played up to his own lofty standards up to this point. The media has been in a feeding frenzy and alot has been said like Drew Brees should not have come back, his game is off, Saints won't win the Super Bowl with Brees.

Some even say he should be benched if he plays poorly this Sunday night. I won't go that far. I believe Brees will bounce back to silence his critics once azz gain. That's definitely what I'm hoping for.

Yet they said Brady had a bounce back game in week 2. It’s like they don’t see that Brees had a better game than Brady in week 2 with significantly less possessions.

Brees has already crossed the road. He should have realized he crossed it at the end of last season, much like Favre and Brady should have as well. But these guys think they can play at their highest level until whenever. It is very difficult for legends to realize they have crossed that road to retire. I do not believe we will see anything better from Brees this week. Only a continued downward performance. He had Thomas game 1 this year. Thomas had like 3 catches. To me that was a sure indicator of where Brees is.

If Brees has another poor performance, I would not be surprised to see Payton begin using Hill more in order to spark some positive vibe from the team. The spark is missing and I think the team knows it.

No

I don't think this is a crossroads season and I don't see SP benching Brees. However, if he has any type of inquiry he will get conveniently sat down for everyone's interest. There's too much respect between those two for anything shady to happen.

I've been pretty rough towards Brees for the better part of this week, and I'll stand by what I've said. He hasn't looked good, and with the way he's currently playing, he's very much crippling this offense. I believe that if you put Winston out there (with a decent amount of practice under his belt), you would see a much different looking and much more explosive offense. My opinion is that Brees likely isn't starting by Week 5, assuming they aren't tanking (highly doubt it with this much talent). That's all it is, though. My worthless opinion.

There's so much love for what Brees was that fans are blinded to what he is now, and it's not even close to as good as last year. That all being said, it's been weird offseason and compile that with being habitual slow starters and you have 1-1. I'm not entirely off the Brees bandwagon yet, but my feet are definitely hanging off. I personally think that if Brees has another 16/30, 1/1-esque game against GB, the 'moving on' talks become a lot more real - especially if the Saints lose as badly as a lot of 'experts' think they will.

A coming-of-age teen comedy/drama about three girls on a cross-country road trip starting Britney Spears at the height of her popularity? I don’t see it. But that has a happy ending and I hope Sunday does too.

B371FBB5-5380-4280-9E42-8C7E6D322D4D.jpeg
#FreeBritney

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom