Is this the best Saints team ever? (1 Viewer)

BYGJacob

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think I would put this team even above 2009. What do you guys think?

Yes without a doubt.

The defense is starting to get turnovers now, the only thing missing from their steady play since week 3.

Definitely the best offense ever, and that's largely because we can run the ball down your throat. At will.

Last edited:
Possibly. I think we were better in 2011 than we were in 2009 so that's my measuring stick.

2009 team won a Super Bowl and was 13-0 before they lost their first game. It's the best Saints team in history. Hopefully it isn't the best team in history in a few months.

Undoubtedly the best Saints team ever. Better than '09, better than '11. Won't mean a thing if we don't close the deal though; ask the 2007 Patriots.

Luckily for us we have one of the best coach/QB duos to ever grace the game of football, and they're both on a mission.

This roster is better on paper, position by position imo. But they need to win the Superbowl to stake the claim.

This roster is better on paper, position by position imo. But they need to win the Superbowl to stake the claim.

2009 D had Vilma, Jenkins, Porter, Hargrove, Sharper, Greer, & Will Smith. That defense was better imo.

Last edited:
2009 D had Vilma, Jenkins, Porter, Hargrove, Greer, & Will Smith. That defense was better imo.

You forgot Darren Sharper. He was amazing until he got hurt. I'm not saying every position is better, but overall.

Call me crazy but if we keep this up all the way to the Super Bowl it could be among the best teams in NFL history. We are showing dominance reminiscent of the 2007 Patriots or 1999 Rams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom