Is this the best team the Saints have ever had? (1 Viewer)

Is this the best team the Saints have ever put on the field?

• yes

Votes: 79 83.2%
  • no

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Not the best, but pretty close.

Votes: 15 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sure looking that way. Lets see if we make any noise in the playoffs first though. This sorts of discussions are excellent off-season filler.

It has to be the best offense we've ever fielded. I would say the best coaching staff by miles, too.

Defense.. not even close. As for best team, we do have to wait a bit to know for sure.

Offense - yes
Defense - no
Special Teams - probably not
Coach - looking like it

What is so encouraging is that we have obvious holes that can be filled next year. We should be a contender for a while.....

I put yes because it is the best TEAM, as a cohesive unit, that I can remember seeing. We've had a great offense in the days of Archie, and the days of the Dome Patrol defense couldn't be topped. But as a cohesive team, with support, respect and leadership from the coaching staff all the way to the 3rd string guys, this is a true TEAM. No egos, prima donnas, or selfishness at all. Bush was interviewed and gave props to Brees. Brees immediately said how happy he was for Karney and for Payton. The players think of each other and the goal, rather than individual stats. Watching Reggie take on Joe's role of team leader before the game was a beautiful thing to see.

This team is DIFFERENT. I'm still in disbelief that they are OUR SAINTS!!!

No question that this is the best offense the Saints have ever had. Drew Brees has exceeded all my expectations. Players like Mike Kearney and Marques Colston who seemingly came out of no where continue to surprise. I have never seen a Saints offense with so many weapons to choose from. I still liked the old Dome Patrol Defense though. But maybe the chemistry of this Saints team is just the right balance.

I think so!but lets wait until we when 2 playoff games and then we will know for sure! All that matters is the wins!

When looking at the whole team one would have to say yes!. We have a decent special team, above average defense and an awsome No1 offense. Our coaching staff is great and our players are all good football players with high character.

No matter what happens, I think this team will gel for 2-3 years to come! And if the NFC stays soft we have a window of opportunity to do some real damage and create history!!

The teams of Jim Mora were great - but choked!!!

Great team but season isn't over. I'll would love to have this team with a 1988-1990 defense with the Dome Patrol LB's, + Wayne Martin, + Renaldo Turnbull. Also Willie Roaf in the OL. I say this team doesn't have the best players in Saints history but they are a TEAM and have the chemistry.

Great team but season isn't over. I'll would love to have this team with a 1988-1990 defense with the Dome Patrol LB's, + Wayne Martin, + Renaldo Turnbull. Also Willie Roaf in the OL. I say this team doesn't have the best players in Saints history but they are a TEAM and have the chemistry.

I think chemistry is the key word here. Those guys look like they genuinely love each other, and they are always crediting Coach Payton for their success. There isn't any bickering that you see on other teams. I guess our winning record would have a lot to do with that.

Best Coach and best QB, with most potential.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom