Is this the straw that broke the back?? (1 Viewer)

wowatkin

The People's Champ
Reaction score
This lost hurt me, hurt me bad. There's a number of reasons why. First, we're a 6-2 team playing a 2-6 team, who just so happen to be the defending champs. Then there's the fact that we were playing basically before the entire country, a great chance to prove the "experts" wrong (not to mention the oddsmakers). Next, thanks to Cleveland, we still sit atop the NFC South, but blew the opportunity to get a 2 game lead. Finally, there's Porter's guarantee.
All true Saints fans relish the underdog role and love it when doubters must eat their words. We blew this one, big time.
I appreciate Coach P's guidance. We're in every game. Yet we need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot, CREATE TURNOVERS, and bounce back next week. I just don't want this to be the reincarnation of 2002. I might not survive another collapse like that one....

A loss is a loss, there wasn't this much heat coming off of the Raven game, we lost a close game on the road without our CB and WR.

They showed a lot of spunk almost coming back twice being down by 14.

CALM DOWN. This is a different team than in 2002, and I don't forsee a collapse. This hurt me too, but I won't hop off the bandwagon. Colston was still a beast, Copper played well minus two plays, and we're still 6-3. We'll live, but we need a win against Cinci next week, and we'll be fine. Just don't overreact. Repeat after me... We're 6-3, we're 6-3, we're 6-3. There are no straws that break camels' backs with a team winning the division. We're fine. It hurts, but we're fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom