Is This The Tipping Point? (Trump's Detention Centers) (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know it feels like this happens every week, but could this possibly be the tipping point for Trump? Can the sounds of crying children separated from their parents be what turns people away from Donald?

Reaction score
I know it feels like this happens every week, but could this possibly be the tipping point for Trump? Can the sounds of crying children separated from their parents be what turns people away from Donald?
If it doesn't, then it puts a real damper on my optimism about our society.

DJ1BigTymer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Nope. A solid third of the country has shown that he could do no wrong in their eyes, especially when dealing with the others.

stevo3

LIVIN DA DREAM
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
You mean the children of parents who brought their children here ILLEGALY??? Parents are separated from their children every day when they are arrested. You guys are hyperventilating just like the media. The administration is just enforcing the laws as congress passed.

stevo3

LIVIN DA DREAM
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Case and point.
Meaning what exactly?

Are there not laws on the books about what is supposed to happen to those that cross the border illegally?

Please give me an example of how my statement is factually wrong. Just because you don't like what is happening doesn't make it wrong.

not2rich

NO State of Mind
Reaction score
Meaning what exactly?

Are there not laws on the books about what is supposed to happen to those that cross the border illegally?

Please give me an example of how my statement is factually wrong. Just because you don't like what is happening doesn't make it wrong.
So you support traumatizing children because of what their parents supposedly did "wrong"?

Is that your position?

not2rich

NO State of Mind
Reaction score
You mean the children of parents who brought their children here ILLEGALY??? Parents are separated from their children every day when they are arrested. You guys are hyperventilating just like the media. The administration is just enforcing the laws as congress passed.
BTW, do you even know why the parents of these children would take the risks they are taking?

cuddlemonkey

Veteran
Reaction score
Meaning what exactly?

Considering situations such as these were handled differently (and legally) before Trump shows me that you are factually incorrect when you say that the laws on the books dictate that this is the way it *must* be handled.

DJ1BigTymer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Meaning what exactly?

You accept this administration's solution as the only solution to this crisis and you justify it by saying parents are separated from their children all the time when they are arrested. You are also parroting the same LIE the administration has been claiming that they are just enforcing the law that the congress has forced onto them.

I get it, y'all don't want the immigrants here, why not just send them back instead of criminally charging them? You do that, and then they becomes someone else's problem, not yours.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Children are never detained against their will when their parents are arrested, though, amirite? What a completely morally bankrupt false analogy.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Meaning what exactly?

Just listen to yourself. You’re supporting putting children in detention centers because their parents were arrested. This “crime” of illegally crossing the border is a misdemeanor for first time offenders. So your thought is that these parents deserve to be incarcerated, as well as their minor children, some of them toddlers, because they committed a misdemeanor?

Why doesn’t this administration attack the companies who employ undocumented workers? If there were no jobs, these desperate people wouldn’t risk their lives and freedom by coming here. Did you ever think of what you might do if you were born into abject poverty and had to do something, anything, to make a better life for your family? What would you do in their position?

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nope. A solid third of the country has shown that he could do no wrong in their eyes, especially when dealing with the others.
Not long after the "grab them by the *****" thing came up, The Daily Show did a segment in which Jordan Keppler attended a Trump rally, and found a father-daughter pair. The daughter looked anywhere between 16-19. Keppler asked the man if he would be ok if Trump grabbed his daughter by the *****, and with his arm on her shoulders he said "why not? it's Donald Trump".

[mod edit]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom