Is this true regarding Trump's companies? (1 Viewer)

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So, Trump will still own his companies, which are receiving payments from foreign governments, which is a violation of the Constitution.</p>&mdash; Jon Favreau (@jonfavs) <a href="https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/819223842191130624">January 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

rob22278

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So Jon Favreau is now a news source?
th

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trum...st-plan-is-good-enough-for-now-204145779.html

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In fairness, though, when your holdings are mainly real estate it's not easy to sell off and once you've sold you can't just go buy them back like stocks. I do get the difficulty here for him.

terrytogo

Whatever my peers call me
Reaction score
since he owes the presidency to Russia, how does he divest himself of that?

He owes his presidency to Barack just as much as Russia. If he had done half as well as he thinks he did, Clinton would've won in a landslide.

not2rich

NO State of Mind
Reaction score
In fairness, though, when your holdings are mainly real estate it's not easy to sell off and once you've sold you can't just go buy them back like stocks. I do get the difficulty here for him.

True, but he should have known that before announcing his campaign. No one forced him to run for President. The voters whose votes counted made him President, and now that he is, this is just more evidence his own interests take precedence over America's interests. Even if he is sincere in his desire to avoid conflicts, the appearance of a conflict is already harmful and has the potential for further harm.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed, I don't hold the illusion he is doing this whole thing out of some sort of altruism for the American people.

RussTKD

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Not to mention the value hit he/his family would take for having a fire-sale of his properties.

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
True, but he should have known that before announcing his campaign. No one forced him to run for President. The voters whose votes counted made him President, and now that he is, this is just more evidence his own interests take precedence over America's interests. Even if he is sincere in his desire to avoid conflicts, the appearance of a conflict is already harmful and has the potential for further harm.

I still think he really had no intention of actually becoming POTUS. He thought he would be launching Trump TV right now.

Anyway, a blind trust seems like the best/easiest solution - he doesn't have to conduct a fire sale and it covers him ethically. But I don't see him letting go that easily.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, a true blind trust should be the answer. I don't think he knows what it is, though, since he keeps trying to say that putting his two sons in charge will be sufficient.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom