Is throwing your cigarette out the window littering? (1 Viewer)

Is flicking your cigarette butt littering ??

• Total voters

hammernnails

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am curious to see what the majority says .. I cant stand it when people flick their butts out the window or on the sidewalk or anyplace other than the garbage .. but it seems like a socially acceptable practice to flick a cigarette butt anyplace at anytime.....

is it just me or is this littering???

Yes it is and many cities are actually -finally- starting to have officers write tickets for it

n/s but yes, littering

sorry about that - somehow i switched to the EE board - i'm not due here until another 30 minutes of SSF

I think it is littering but I don't really care its a tiny piece of paper it will dissolve.

It is... I hate hitting cigs with a lawn mower if I am mowing a smokers lawn.

it is but not enforced. The only time I really heard of it being enforced was in places in a drought. They would write a ticket quick then.

Short story. I went to jail for missing a court date for throwing a cigarette butt out of the window of my taxi, when I lived in Metairie. A State trooper gave it to be because, he said I deliberately flicked it at his squad car. I didn't though. I wasn't wearing my seat belt and I threw the butt out not realizing he would see it.

Bad luck I guess.

It is another thing that inconsiderate smokers do. I hate smokers btw. Kill innocents, litter everywhere, stink like hell, and always complaining about taking breaks at work.

DOWN WITH SMOKERS!

Yes it is littering. But a lot of times the person is to drunk to care.

Here it is throwing burning materials from your car and its a much bigger ticket than littering.

Also i never vote in public polls

It is littering and is more easily enforced that some jerk throwing his entire Burger King lunch trash out of his window. They do break down and degrade rather quickly but at intersections, the hundreds of butts are an eye sore. And I admit some are mine. There is one road in particular that I drive on the way home that is horrible. People throw their Styrofoam plate lunch containers, appliances, sofas...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom