Is Tiger Woods human? (1 Viewer)

Chinook

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Anyone else watch him today? In my lifetime, I've never seen anyone more dominant in a game that in reality "most anyone" in the field can win on any given weekend. Truly a pleasure to watch history in the making.

He is just absolutely incredible..... I didnt get to see him yesterday, but I did watch sports highlights...... Right now he's tied for 3rd with Ben Hogan for all time.. I am absolutely confident that there will NEVER be anyone to out-do him by the time he retires...

I saw most of the back 9 yesterday and it was unreal. I loved it when they said he hadn't made a putt of over 20ft all day (or weekend, I don't remember). That's an instant sign that he's gonna nail it on 18 for the win.

He is such a machine on the course. I'm honored to have watched him up close and personal last year in Tulsa.

I've never seen an athlete focus with such intensity. Maybe Jordan?

He is unreal!!! People have been giving him hell for the last few years but I kept telling everyone that Tiger is still Tiger and just because he only won ONE major this year doesnt mean he is falling off it just means he has a lot going on. Lets see his dad was dieing and then he died, he got married to a FINE *** woman, and now they have had a child. Life gets busy and sometimes with golfers and the long season it can wear on you. Still with all of that going on he never dropped off the face of the earth like most golfers do. He fell the #2 behind VJ for a little while but he quickly got #1 back and he still one a ton of tournaments and a few majors.

Oh and also he was going through this thing called a "swing change"! this is extremely hard but he knew he had to do it to make sure he could have a long healthy career. IF he kept swing as hard as he did when he was in his early 20s he would have hurt his back eventually and that would have hurt his career badly.

Toward the end of last year Tiger became Tiger again just destroying everyone and everything.

This year he is absolutely in a zone. I don't think anyone can touch him and I think he is a lock at the Masters next month and that is just amazing to say about any golfer but I can garantee you he will not be denied his next green jacket!

Friday night I watched a bit of SC, and he was like 6-7 shots back. I wake up Sunday morning and he is tied for the lead. Its as though he flips a switch on Sat/Sun, and when he does, lights out for the rest of the field. You do get the sense that he can do this at any time in a round. Amazing golfer and athlete.

Heck I get fatigued usually after 16 holes and I am ridin in a cart.....

Without a doubt, the best golfer ever. I know he hasn't won as many tournaments as Nicklaus and Sam Snead (yet), but I don't think either of them dominated the PGA like he has at such an early age.

He doesn't suck.

Seriously, as dominant a golfer he is, he's even more humble. He knows he's the best player around by far, but you'll never hear him say he is (T.O., etc) and to me that's refreshing.

:worthy:

How many wins do you think he'll end up with...he will probably dominate the next 10 years and end up with 115+. That's insane considering the number of pro golfers worldwide now. To put his mark on history must be what motivates him because he's only playing against himself out there.

No doubt Tiger has accomplished so much and will own most of the records before he's done. But, I think the one thing he will need to accomplish to definitively wear the "greatest of all-time" badge, is to win all 4 Majors in the same year. Not the "Tiger Slam", but all 4 in the same year, which is something that no one has done. I'm not saying that if he doesn't achieve that feat that he can't be considered the greatest of all time. I'm just saying to remove any doubt and only create conversations about who the 2nd greatest player of all-time is. This seems like the year for it to happen with the way he is playing. We'll see come April 10-13.

No doubt Tiger has accomplished so much and will own most of the records before he's done. But, I think the one thing he will need to accomplish to definitively wear the "greatest of all-time" badge, is to win all 4 Majors in the same year. Not the "Tiger Slam", but all 4 in the same year, which is something that no one has done. I'm not saying that if he doesn't achieve that feat that he can't be considered the greatest of all time. I'm just saying to remove any doubt and only create conversations about who the 2nd greatest player of all-time is. This seems like the year for it to happen with the way he is playing. We'll see come April 10-13.

Bobby Jones won the Grand Slam, 4 majors in a calendar year, in 1930.

The odds are against him doing this, it would be an incredible feat for anyone in this era. Saying that...I wouldn't bet against him :)

If he gets a grand slam, blows away the major victory record, wins 110+ events...then we're not talking best golfer...we're talking about most dominate player in any game/sport ever, end of discussion.

Bobby Jones won the Grand Slam, 4 majors in a calendar year, in 1930.

Ok, yes. Not to demean Mr. Jones accomplishment, but that included 2 amateur Open events. No one has accomplished the Grand Slam since the advent of the Masters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom