Is tomm the biggest regular season game in saints history? (1 Viewer)

Why would this game, @Rams, be the most important in Saints regular season history? First game back after Katrina, first time to ever clinch the division, to secure a playoff spot, to secure first seed? All these are way bigger than a “referee revenge” game IMO

Considering on what happened in the nfc championship gamei would say yes.

Sept 25 2006 is the clear #1 - probably will always be.

There have been many other regular season games that clinched playoff births, or eliminated us from playoffs, and they are likely all games that would rank higher as well.

This year, so far.

I know the rest of the league thinks THIS is the only game that's been on players' and fans' minds but it hasn't. Now, the refs may be in our minds but that's in every game. I know I haven't been waiting with bated breath for a revenge game against ONE team and I don't think the team has either.

Biggest this year, yeah because it's the next game. Bigger than winning a super bowl? Not in this lifetime.

Biggest this year, yeah because it's the next game. Bigger than winning a super bowl? Not in this lifetime.

In the post ashes of the last two seasons I woudl say this is the biggest game in our recent memory. This is one game where I say to myself, we have all the talent and ability we have wakes the walk for years now. But it doesn’t go without saying that it’s crucial and the biggest mental thing we need to move past as a team. I believe it bodes well for us in playoffs down the road to get over this hump now. If we don’t, so what we will still play our game, but we play these guys in playoffs again. It likely adds more pressure and distraction than we need. So in that regard in recent memory, this one is definitely important to get over and move forward.

Nothing compares to the first night in the dome, and the SB however

Last years mid/late season game vs the Rams was bigger.

It was the game that determined home field.

Tomorrow’s game only game 2 in a long season.

As others have pointed out, I don't think it's the biggest regular season game in our history, but I do believe the gravity of this game looms large. If we win this game, I think our confidence soars going forward and it spring boards us into a long run of winning similar to last year.

I'll be doing my best to try and watch this game with as little emotional involvement possible, knowing by the second quarter I'll be pacing and trying to find my "lucky spot".

Nope...………..it's just the second game in the 2019 season.

For me the biggest game in regular season was the 2009 game against the Pats on MNF.

It validated the Saints as a real Super Bowl contender in front of the entire football watching country.

It's the biggest game so far this season, not just for the Saints and Rams, but for the league. But no, it's nowhere near the biggest game in Saints history. Not even close.

I'll grant you though, it's one of the most hyped games ever. If that's what you mean, then yeah, it's close to that. I don't know of a more hyped regular season game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom