Is Wentz a potential Payton experiment? (1 Viewer)

I'd take Daniel Jones in a heartbeat, dude got mad talent just no talent or running game around him.
I’m really good friends with Daniel’s mom. I’m working on her convincing him to think about making his way to our Saints. She says that Daniel believes in Judge (as of now) and Daniel is just working on doing the things that he needs to get better. I told her that I feel that Judge is in over his head in NY and they have not invested in the one thing that he needs.....a solid Oline. I also suggested that SP understands that and he is an offensive mastermind with a system that would be tailored made for him. Next I advised her to tell Daniel that he should practice hand yoga and strengthen his forearms to enhance his grip on the ball, along with martial arts for instincts😂#truestory

It may take a couple years, but I think Wentz will eventually reunite in Indy with Frank Reich.

But if I’m Jeff Lurie, and I’m stuck with Wentz’s contract for the next couple years, I’d dump Doug Pederson after this season, hire a true innovator on offense and give Wentz one more chance to succeed in Philly. We’ve seen what he’s capable of when he’s paired with an OC who knows what he’s doing.

What games have you been watching? The game against the Bucs they should have won, but he overthrew his receivers by 10-15 yards every time he threw it deep. It seems like his accuracy is a serious issue but I’m sure that can be fixed.

He won't overthrow Deonte Harris, we have a Tyrek Hill/Henry Ruggs type player on our team but we can't use him because nobody can throw the ball that far.

Wentz has had trouble staying healthy. The toll from those injuries are just now beginning. Id say he has maybe a couple years left.

Or maybe he was overrated (I don’t think it’s this as he had a great first year).
So did RGIII. Still, you never know. Like others, I think the salary cap situation would be the real stumbling block.

This is so far left field that its laughable. Why do people want to keep trying with almost 30 year old QBs that still haven't done enough to stay on their current team?

Was watching the game last night. I'd say at the moment I have more confidence in Taysom Hill as a passer, but that isn't saying much. They talked about a hit Wentz took last season in the playoffs and how that might be affecting his play. (Didn't stop him from pounding through some runs last night though) They basically put the loss on him as Hurts stayed on the sideline and he made mistake after mistake. Missing reads, under-throwing then over-throwing, staying too long in the pocket...

But I remember he was good. Did that hit really mess him up that bad? He hasn't looked good all year. Looks like there's a lot of pressure mounting to put Hurts in. Can Payton bring him back around? Not to sound like the Saints are now the failed QB university, but It could take a few tries before we find the guy that Payton can really build with. Obviously you aren't going to get another Drew, but I think Payton would like a QB that can get through progressions so he has more to work with in play design/utilizing his weapons.

I also think Daniel Jones is another potential talent that might not be in the best system or have the right coaching. I like that he does the little things right, and sharply. His fake hand-offs fool me.

Was actually thinking this the other niight. 3 years ago before he was injured, he was up for MVP having a killer year. He got tore his knee and seems to have lost his confidence. He has the skillset and the potential. I think he would he fantastic under SP!

Was actually thinking this the other niight. 3 years ago before he was injured, he was up for MVP having a killer year. He got tore his knee and seems to have lost his confidence. He has the skillset and the potential. I think he would he fantastic under SP!

Agreed, he's not been the same post injury. Before the injury, he was able to roll outside the pocket and buy time. He simply
cannot do that anymore

He’s broken. His decision making has been piss poor even when there’s little to no pressure. He’s making really poor reads and you can’t blame that on Pederson. I think he needs to sit on a bench for a full season and recalibrate. He’s developed too many bad habits in the last 2 years.
Even if you go back and watch his MVP before he got injured season, you see a quarterback who isn't very accurate with the ball.

A lot of his success was jailbreak type plays in which he would fling it way downfield and hope it worked out, and it did more times than not. Plus he was really good running for first downs.

Then the injury happened and it was like Samson getting that haircut.

He's not fixable because he wasn't that good to begin with.

No he’s broken to pieces and cant see the field . It’s like he closes his eyes and slings it towards the last image he seen. Hard pass

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom