Is Wentz a potential Payton experiment? (1 Viewer)

Daniel Jones by a mile. I don’t like Wentz at all. I watched a video on YouTube about him, former ncaa QB. He destroyed him on mechanics. Winston is a lot better QB in my eyes plus he had his eyes repaired. Of course this is all my opinion....we all know how that goes.

I don’t know. It’s just something about Wentz I don’t like. I do like Jones though and we already have Winston. We all know Winston can be super accurate. Most his interceptions were from bad reads and that can be coached out. Wentz looks like he couldn’t hit the side of a barn sometimes....

Carson Wentz has regressed in every aspect of QB play. His mechanics are really bad to the point that it’s probably not fixable. He oversteps at times. Steps pigeon toed at times and can’t rotate his hips. It causes inaccurate throws, poorly timed throws and interceptions. His decision making is just as bad. And he thinks he’s better than he is so he tries to do too much.

He’s done.

You guys are funny, anyone as long it's not a certain hue.

Dude... stop with this ridiculous notion and go somewhere else to push this joke... There is not a single fan on this board that would be against having a QB here like Rus Wilson, Pat Mahommes, Deshaun Watson, Kyler Murray, or even guys like Lamar and Tua.... It has nothing to do with their "hue".... It has to do with Production, Talent, and/or actual Potential.

Go push this narrative elsewhere... it's garbage.

Last edited:
He’s broken. His decision making has been piss poor even when there’s little to no pressure. He’s making really poor reads and you can’t blame that on Pederson. I think he needs to sit on a bench for a full season and recalibrate. He’s developed too many bad habits in the last 2 years.

I think Wentz might be broken, but I KNOW that the Eagles team is broken. They have an overall lack of talent. In my opinion, if you combined the rosters of the Saints and eagles, then picked the best roster from that combination, about 75-80% of the players that you would keep would be Saints. You would keep some Saints backups over Eagles starters. That team is much closer to the Jets than the Saints.

One other thing you have to factor into Wentz's terrible season is that he has played behind a horribly patchwork O-Line all year.

I think Payton is a QB guru who would put Wentz right back in the MVP conversation.

But too many things standing in the way of it happening to make it realistic.

Hard pass. Watch this video by Brett Kollmann. Wentz has fundamental flaws that are usually worked out in PeeWee.

Stafford wouldn't be considered an experiment. At least not in the sense of all these other other QBs we are talking about.

I'd be over the moon if we got Stafford. On a terrible team with absolutely no running game for 90% of the time he's been there, he's been one of the best QBs since he entered the league at the 4th quarter comeback. He's a gamer.

Since 2009

Game winning drives
Brees 39
Stafford 37
Ryan 34

4th quarter Comebacks
Stafford 30
Ryan 28
Brees 27

Thanks. That is interesting info. But he might be too old in football terms now. Let SP evaluate the QB situation. But we all can see, even if Drew retires, even with the shrinking cap, we will field a competitive team.

Wentz is overrated and will carry a high price. Hard pass.

We have an “experiment” on the team already, for 1 year! We do not need additional experiments, with an inflated price tag. Pass!

Thanks. That is interesting info. But he might be too old in football terms now. Let SP evaluate the QB situation. But we all can see, even if Drew retires, even with the shrinking cap, we will field a competitive team.
The aspect of signing Stafford that intrigues me, is his tenure with the Lions has been similar to Sanders’ time when Sanders was with the Lions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom