Isa Abdul-Quddus feeling more comfortable than ever going into his third season (1 Viewer)

Wasn't he the biggest DB we had last year?

I'm a big fan, but he's got an uphill battle to start this year.

But if he wins the position, it's because he earned it.

He can be a poor man's Sharper IMO. Very poor man considering the 9INTs plus like 4 for TDs, but if he could do half that it'd be great!

Maybe a homeless man's Sharper. I fear we'll never see his like pass this way again. We'll have good Safeties but Sharper was just magic that year. I've never seen anything like it.

Maybe a homeless man's Sharper. I fear we'll never see his like pass this way again. We'll have good Safeties but Sharper was just magic that year. I've never seen anything like it.
yea sharper is a hall of famer just check out his stats dude up there with some all-time greats in ints

He's had every opportunity to start. Jenkins has just been better.

this is the best argument ive heard for the starters on the team

the positional coaches watch their players like hawks at every practice, every game, every snap, every sprint, every stretch.....

they know the position and its players like the back of their hands

if they truely thought someone deserved playing time, theyd get him out on the field.......which is why IAQ saw increased playing time last season

if the position coaches truely thought someone should start, theyd start them as much as possible.......which is why jenkins and harper were the starters

also remember we drafted a safety in the first round. i dont think vacarro was drafted to start this year, but jenkins contract is up after this season so the coaches must not have put a lot of faith in his backups being able to take the reigns after hes gone

hes everything you want in a safety. big, fast, good tackler, incredible hitter, good in coverage. yea hes still raw but he's gonna be a starter somewhere in the next few years. i hope it's with us

Jenkins has just been better.
In what world? Certainly not this one.

Just some stats for a refrence:

IAQ had 2 INTs in his limited playing time last year, Jenkins has 3 in his last 3 years.

INTs aren't the end-all-be-ball stats so here are some links to show that IAQ has greatly outperformed Jenkins...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/30/signature-stats-first-downs-allowed-safeties/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/01/refo-panthers-saints-week-17/

With the Saints owning our two lowest-graded safeties this season, it’s been nice to see some production on the back end in the last few weeks in the form of Isa Abdul-Quddus. Forced into full time action with Malcolm Jenkins on IR, Quddus has responded extremely well in the last three games starting and playing 100% of defensive snaps. His performance against the Panthers marked the third time in four games – and his fourth on the season – that he’s graded at or above +1.9 in coverage, a mark neither Jenkins nor Roman Harper reached even once in a combined 29 games and over 2000 defensive snaps. On Sunday, Quddus allowed just one completion for 11 yards in five Newton throws in his direction, with three pass defenses. Even in his limited dime safety role, he’s shown more instinct and range in coverage than we’ve seen in multiple seasons from Jenkins and Harper, who, despite both being defensive captains, will (or at least should) be two players the team puts under the microscope this offseason.

It wouldn't surprise me to see 4 safeties on the field at once. Quddus is a good center fielder. He has shown instincts for the position, and he has the speed to make plays on the ball. Jenkins and Vaccaro can both bump down and play the slots. With some of the TE's in the league today, you need hybrid safeties like Jenkins and Vaccaro. Vaccaro looks to be a complete safety. Everything he was asked to do in that Texas D, he was good at. He does what Jenkins does best, and also what Harper does best. How Rob utilizes his talents is going to be fun.

I'd really like to see how we match up against the Patriots. I think Keenan Lewis can lock down whoever their #1 receiver is. Jenkins and Vaccaro against Hernandez and Gronk would be fun to watch.

The more I think about it, Sean is trying to build a defense that can beat Drew and the offense. The past 3 defensive coordinators we've signed all have given Sean trouble in the past. I think it was in 2006 where Gregg's Redskins defense gave Sean trouble. Spags D as the Rams head coach gave us some problems a couple years ago. Rob's Browns D was pretty cool to watch, I'm not going to lie. Can't wait to see that mind on our side.

Spags mind just didn't fit well in our building. He came in with his scheme and tried to force square pegs in round holes. Exactly the opposite of what Gregg had been teaching and implementing. We also saw with Gregg how ego can get in the way. You just believe your system is impeccable.

Let's hope as a team and organization we have learned from the past. Sean seems to have everything on track. Now we just ned to see some football!!!!

In what world? Certainly not this one.

Just some stats for a refrence:

IAQ had 2 INTs in his limited playing time last year, Jenkins has 3 in his last 3 years.

INTs aren't the end-all-be-ball stats so here are some links to show that IAQ has greatly outperformed Jenkins...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/30/signature-stats-first-downs-allowed-safeties/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/01/refo-panthers-saints-week-17/

Jason David led the entire team in INTs one year

Nfl coaches are more credible than PFF

Relying on PFF for arguments makes people look incredibly ignorant to the game being played on the field

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom