Isa Abdul-Quddus feeling more comfortable than ever going into his third season (1 Viewer)

Jason David led the entire team in INTs one year
Jason David was a Cornerback, we're talking about Free Safties. INTs are a lot more telling for a FS than for CBs.

Nfl coaches are more credible than PFF
Because NFL coaches are NEVER wrong... Especially those responsible for putting the WORST defense in NFL history on the field. I don't take PFF as the gospel, but you'd have to be insane if you dont think those stats translate to what we've seen from Jenkins over the last 2 years.
Relying on PFF for arguments makes people look incredibly ignorant to the game being played on the field
Defending one of the worst, if not THE worst, starting FS in the league makes you look incredibly ignorant to the game, especially when he's clearly been outplayed by his backup.

Jason David was a Cornerback, we're talking about Free Safties. INTs are a lot more telling for a FS than for CBs.

Really? This is the first time I've ever heard that...ever. A lot more telling, how?

Because NFL coaches are NEVER wrong... Especially those responsible for putting the WORST defense in NFL history on the field. I don't take PFF as the gospel, but you'd have to be insane if you dont think those stats translate to what we've seen from Jenkins over the last 2 years.

Is that what I said? No.

I said NFL coaches are more credible. Thats 100% true. Nobody goes on PFF and says a player should start because his PFF grade is better...except a small group of fans that don't know any better

Defending one of the worst, if not THE worst, starting FS in the league makes you look incredibly ignorant to the game, especially when he's clearly been outplayed by his backup.

IAQ hasn't outplayed Jenkins and INTs are the ONLY thing IAQ has more of than Jenkins in his 2 year career....and it's only 1 more INT

IAQ has something over Jenkins that you can't teach and you can't measure in stats, instincts.

And coaches do make mistakes, even Payton started the worst center we've had in years over DLP. I respect Payton for fixing that though and benching Kruetz (which then caused him to retire). DLP was clearly the better option but because he was with the second team there was no way anyone could get a good read on him compared to Kruetz. It took Kruetz falling flat on his face, then getting injured for DLP to get a chance.

IAQ has something over Jenkins that you can't teach and you can't measure in stats, instincts.

And coaches do make mistakes, even Payton started the worst center we've had in years over DLP. I respect Payton for fixing that though and benching Kruetz (which then caused him to retire). DLP was clearly the better option but because he was with the second team there was no way anyone could get a good read on him compared to Kruetz. It took Kruetz falling flat on his face, then getting injured for DLP to get a chance.

So then IAQ will start over Jenkins and everyone will be happy

Right?

There's no way that Jenkins will start at FS for his 3rd defensive coordinator.

Right?

This debate will be over when the season starts

On another note, kromer is one of the premiere line coaches in the league....he played the guys that helped the team the most. Questioning kromers ability to evaluate the talent he had is just foolish.

IAQ is a good deep zone free safety option other than that he is mediocre. He is average man to man, not good playing the slot, not a run defender in any sense of the word, nor is he good in the box sifting through traffic. And despite what many believe although with limited snaps his tackling is at about the level of MJ.

However, I like him as a reserve defender/ST contributor who has the ability to get better. But he needs to be put in the best position to succeed and that is with selected snaps for specific situations. Right now he is a role player with a defined role, if we try to make him MJ, constantly dropping in and out the box, routinely manning up the slot he will fall flat.

On another note, kromer is one of the premiere line coaches in the league....he played the guys that helped the team the most. Questioning kromers ability to evaluate the talent he had is just foolish.

Aaron Kromer is a large reason why Bushrod just became the highest paid lineman in Bears franchise history.

Bushrod on the other hand is slower. He relies too heavily on his strength which isn't ideal for the pro level. He gets beat a lot and relied heavily on help from jahri Evans, Carl nicks and tight ends and running backs to chip defenders

To be honest he's [Bushrod] not really that good and he's getting older.

Please continue to tell me how foolish I am for questioning Kromer.

Aaron Kromer is a large reason why Bushrod just became the highest paid lineman in Bears franchise history.

Please continue to tell me how foolish I am for questioning Kromer.

Bushrod was still our best option.

This conversation doesn't belong here but it's common sense that the best players play

Complimenting our vets seems to be the worst thing you can do on a fan forum but in all reality, it is probably smarter to trust the guys that have been doing it for several years than put so much faith in guys that have yet to show the same types of consistency and skill at the professional level

Seems pretty reasonable right?

Bushrod was still our best option.

This conversation doesn't belong here but it's common sense that the best players play

Complimenting our vets seems to be the worst thing you can do on a fan forum but in all reality, it is probably smarter to trust the guys that have been doing it for several years than put so much faith in guys that have yet to show the same types of consistency and skill at the professional level

Seems pretty reasonable right?

Was anyone questioning if Bushrod was our best option? No. I was just using the example of Kromer starting the worst center we've seen in years over De La Puente to prove that the best players don't always play.

And with the way TC is set up unless the 1st team and 2nd teams swap out occasionally coaches will never be able to get a great read oh how some backups compare to the starters. Everyone but Kruetz's mom knew he was bad but we didn't realize just how bad he actually was until DLP was given a chance to start.

Was anyone questioning if Bushrod was our best option? No. I was just using the example of Kromer starting the worst center we've seen in years over De La Puente to prove that the best players don't always play.

And with the way TC is set up unless the 1st team and 2nd teams swap out occasionally coaches will never be able to get a great read oh how some backups compare to the starters. Everyone but Kruetz's mom knew he was bad but we didn't realize just how bad he actually was until DLP was given a chance to start.

Right...so now that IAQ has had the chance to start and show what he can do, he'll start for us this year...right?

I've said that INTs arent the end all be all, and they aren't telling of the overall job your FS does, bur your FS (more so than a CB) should have above average ball skills.

IAQ hasn't outplayed Jenkins and INTs are the ONLY thing IAQ has more of than Jenkins in his 2 year career....and it's only 1 more INT

Except for the other stats I posted that obviously tells us what we have all been seeing on the field, but you decided to throw out of the window.

Instead of totally dismissing a site all together, how about you tell us why you don't think those stats are true. Besides those stats, my eyes tell me that Jenkins is consistently caught out of position on passing plays, takes terrible angles on tackle attempts, and misses way too many tackles. On the other hand, in his limited playing time, IAQ has shown to provide way better help over top, has better ball skills, and is just a better overall athlete.

The Kruetz/DLP situation is an excellent example of when even the best coaches don't put the right players on the field.

Except for the other stats I posted that obviously tells us what we have all been seeing on the field, but you decided to throw out of the window.

Instead of totally dismissing a site all together, how about you tell us why you don't think those stats are true. Besides those stats, my eyes tell me that Jenkins is consistently caught out of position on passing plays, takes terrible angles on tackle attempts, and misses way too many tackles. On the other hand, in his limited playing time, IAQ has shown to provide way better help over top, has better ball skills, and is just a better overall athlete.

PFF doesn't post stats...they post percentages and grades of things that can't be consistently measured...like pressure and times thrown at or catches allowed

My eyes tell me Jenkins is better but IAQ is talented too

The actual stats...like passes defensed, tackles, sacks etc....IAQ doesn't even compare.

Now back to my question about INTs...why does that show safeties are good, but not corners?

Why are passes defensed and tackles a sign that a player gets targeted a lot, but INTs aren't?

The actual stats...like passes defensed, tackles, sacks etc....IAQ doesn't even compare.
Well no kidding, man... Look at Jenkins' playing time compared to IAQ's. That's where percentages come in play.

Now back to my question about INTs...why does that show safeties are good, but not corners?
I never said it was telling for one but not the other, I said it was more telling, which I answered in my last post.

Why are passes defensed and tackles a sign that a player gets targeted a lot, but INTs aren't?
Who said anything about targets? But how, as a FS, does tackles correlate to targets anyway? Like I said in my last post, a FS should have ball skills, which Jenkins clearly does not- on top of him being on pace for the most missed tackles in NFL history last year before he got hurt, he just isn't cutting it.

This debate about the one of the worst FS in the league is going nowhere. You may have the last word, I will agree to disagree.

He's only 23 and has played 2 seasons already before even entering his physical prime. We should sign this kid on the cheap for a few season and watch him develop into a very good starter...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom