Isn’t it strange no new Covid cases? (1 Viewer)

Keep in mind once a player has tested positive, they are no longer subject to the same testing protocols for 90 days. So seeing a lag a few weeks after we saw some peaks, from a player availability standpoint, isn't unsurprising.

Especially when you combine vaccine effectiveness (whatever the %), previous positives no longer subject to protocols, and likely increased scrutiny by the teams to take absolute caution (i.e. you can bet your bottom dollar that the Chiefs are keeping Patrick Mahomes as separated as possible so he doesn't test positive the day before a game and risk not having him available).

Keep in mind once a player has tested positive, they are no longer subject to the same testing protocols for 90 days. So seeing a lag a few weeks after we saw some peaks, from a player availability standpoint, isn't unsurprising.

Especially when you combine vaccine effectiveness (whatever the %), previous positives no longer subject to protocols, and likely increased scrutiny by the teams to take absolute caution (i.e. you can bet your bottom dollar that the Chiefs are keeping Patrick Mahomes as separated as possible so he doesn't test positive the day before a game and risk not having him available).

Either take absolute caution, or do the exact opposite and throw an Omicron party in week 17 so everyone gets their 90 day window reset before the playoffs. Saints probably took it a little too far for the Dolphins game, though.

If you're not looking for a debate, then maybe don't post debatable information. just saying
Technically the OP posted a debatable topic. Naturally the thread could veer into this direction. Not faulting the OP. This topic will always be debatable. It’s the nature of the beast.

Technically the OP posted a debatable topic. Naturally the thread could veer into this direction. Not faulting the OP. This topic will always be debatable. It’s the nature of the beast.
Yep. And DavidM (even if I disagree with him) is and has been one of the most intelligent and level headed posters SR has ever seen.
Has my utmost respect, even when we don’t agree. He’s not one to try and start anything, he’s never presented himself to be a bigoted person. Epitome of class here. Imo.

It still doesn't make sense when you factor in the overall percentage of players who tested positive compared to the number of players in the NFL. If there's going to be a drop-off, it seems like it would be less dramatic, even if we're only looking at playoff teams.

There are no more COVID cases because they stopped testing. Tests for vaccinated players only happens if the player reports symptoms. Unvaccinated players are still tested weekly.

With the new antiviral medicines reducing symptoms almost immediately and the mostly minimal symptoms of omnicrom the NFL has decided the covid disruption is over.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...geted-testing-high-risk-player-opt-outs-more/

He had it over the summer. Not saying you can't catch it twice or more- because you can, but perhaps with having natural immunity plus following protocols like he should, he's been lucky to avoid.

Or, maybe HGH and other PED's beat COVID into submission..
Actually you might not be able to catch it twice or 3 or 5 times like our family thought. Just once only. Yes we are knuckle dragging dip sticks to some, but we don't get frightened by stuff others tell us. We decide on our own. Us in my neck of da woods appreciate "information", but we decide family to family based on sanity and history. The first point is up for you to research. The rest is not controversial, as everyone reading this does the same things. It could be diapers to what tooth paste you use. I guess I am dumb to some and a bright college educated educator to others. Either way we missed the playoffs and that is why we are here on this platform, nobody knows, me included, about this issue. I just dream about the old days where we just talked about football, and how great Dalton Hilliard played and how bad a Billy Jo quarterback couldn't complete a 3rd and 3 to save their lives. Sorry but I ain't sorry for any feelings that are hurt because of something you are afraid of. This is like John Carpenter apologizing for everyone who saw Halloween in the 80's and has nightmares. But to each their own...just not on here.

Covid doesn’t hit playoff teams….skips em. Just hits certain 1-3 weeks before the playoffs, but only certain teams that could pose a threat to who the NFL wants in the playoffs. Covid is scared of Tom Brady and the Bucs….stays away or only mild symptoms at the maximum.
Love that helmet!

Kind of hard to just outright ignore that information in this kind of discussion. I think it's possible to cite basic data, like estimated rates of effectiveness, without having to go down the rabbit hole of the vaccine debate.
Here we are debating vaccines because of your post

Not trying to speak for David in regards to your quote of his post….but…..

Honestly (and no offense to the OP) it was going to head this way from the start.
Maybe the thread can be moved off of the SSF, battle lines are and have been drawn on this and no is changing anyone else’s mind on it. At all. 😊

My comments started a vaccine debate in this two day old, so far only two page thread? I guess I’m not seeing that.

But let me hopefully clear it up for anybody who misunderstood. I don’t intend on having a vaccine debate (which is exactly what I posted). I’m not getting into a back and forth over all the same points that have been argued for over a year. There isn’t really enough leeway on this main board for that anyway.

I never said others can’t post their thoughts to the extent the guidelines allow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom