Isn't Martez Wilson the fastest player among all front 7 in the NFL? (1 Viewer)

I think if we used Hicks at the NT position, that it would be a poor allocation of talent. I think he would be a much better 5-tech, just my opinion.

Hicks is a natural@ 1 tech. and can play the 0tech.

Depending on the style of 3-4 we run having Hicks and bunkley switching between nose wouldn't be that hard to imagine.

Which is why hes a waste as a passrusher.

Thts the guy i want running sideline to sideline making plays

Not rushing thd qb for 3-4 seconds then becoming a non factor one tge ball is released

Hes probably the best form tackler on the team

I've.wanted him at ILB as a half field defender, but I think he will be at home as a pass rusher. Mostly because I think he lacks the instincts to play at ILB.

Sent from phone via Tapatalk

Man... If Martez Wilson cant play LB in a 3-4 we'll be in a world of hurt. We don't have enough draft picks to shore up all the deficiencies we have on defense. We don't have any money for free agency either. I hope this defensive scheme change isn't going to be as painful as it sounds like it could be.

I happen to think that Galette will struggle as an OLB in a 3-4. He's 6'2" and 260lbs. That isn't exactly an ideal size for the position, not to mention I've never seen him drop into coverage in the NFL. I hope Payton has an answer for all of these deficiencies or else this could be painful.

I still think that the largest position of need is NT.

So much wrong with this post...

James Harrison dominated at 6'0" and 270, not to mention that Galatte's measureables are within a an inch or two and/or 5-10 pounds of pretty much all the top OLB in the league; i.e. he's 1 inch shorter than 260lbs Clay Matthews, 1 inch shorter and 5 pounds heavier than Von Miller, yet he is 3 inches taller than Elvis Dummervil who is also 260...

I guess you can go ahead switch to debating "athletic ability" but this particular point is rather silly. Yea, most 4-3 ends don't drop into coverage, but in Rob Ryan's 3-4 OLB aren't covering much either, or at least not without help... That said I ain't blaming Galette if the slot receiver burns him, that's the scheme not the man, but I believe that's why Vacarro and Jenkins are expected to clean up coverage i obvious passing situations...

Oh and NT is thankfully a position of supreme depth at the moment with Bunkley and both Jenkins and Walker performing great considering they are both so young.

Wilson should be a wild card and used all over the field. Put him in the middle to cover or blitz then have him rushing outside.

Wilson should be a wild card and used all over the field. Put him in the middle to cover or blitz then have him rushing outside.

I would love this. Just like we move Graham and Sproles around on offense to cause matchup problems and confusion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom