Isn't Martez Wilson the fastest player among all front 7 in the NFL? (1 Viewer)

How in the world did the two guys at 1:55 miss that tackle? Galette forced the guy to them perfectly and then had to come back across the field to clean up their mess.

First clue: is one named Tracy Porter?

The other was Jolon Dunbar who actually put himself in pretty good position considering he came across the field from strongside.

No one is going to confuse TP or Patrick Robinson for the Antoine winfields and Brandon Flowers of the world. Which brings the question to mind: how does a 35 year old, 180lb cornerback make 101 tackles???

Antoine Winfield, CB for the Minnesota Vikings at NFL.com

I think he still might. We just assume all of our defense tackles poorly now.:scratch:

Exactly.

I think Martez has the physical tools to be an interior LB. In his limited plays against the run, he impressed me. I would like to see him get a chance.

Which is why hes a waste as a passrusher.

Thts the guy i want running sideline to sideline making plays

Not rushing thd qb for 3-4 seconds then becoming a non factor one tge ball is released

Hes probably the best form tackler on the team

Would love to see him get a chance. Maybe the new DC will work harder at getting the best athletes on the field.

I guess looking at the tackle spits of each player it's not so much of a mystery after all.

2012 Tackles against the run:

P-Rob --18
Greer--13
Winfield--47

You can't have all pros at every position but if they're going to tackle like Dion Sanders I wish they would at least play the pass like him. :hihi: THe only consolation is that the 49ers corners didn't fare much better than ours did.

Patrick Willis Bruce Irvin bobby Wagner and manny Lawson are all barely faster

Wilson and Gallette both have a world of potential as 3-4 OLBs. They've shown they can rush the passer and be good WIDE edge players. But the problem is that neither of them is proven or has a track record as a 3-4 OLB. One is an UDFA and the other is a mid-round pick without a position. Gallette has had durability issues. Neither of them is a sure-fire gamechanger.

I feel like in te right scheme with the proper coaches both of these guys could excel. But it's a lot to put all your eggs in that basket. Nevertheless, if they are to reach their potential as NFL players... This is the right scheme to play them in.

I guess looking at the tackle spits of each player it's not so much of a mystery after all.

2012 Tackles against the run:

P-Rob --18
Greer--13
Winfield--47

You can't have all pros at every position but if they're going to tackle like Dion Sanders I wish they would at least play the pass like him. :hihi: THe only consolation is that the 49ers corners didn't fare much better than ours did.

Doesn't Winfield and the Vikings play mostly cover 2? So, if so, he's always within 10-15 yards of the LOS. But he is a strong tackler. But not sure how he is on the deep ball. I'd have to watch them play more.

Not concerned. Galette will be fine at WOLB, where he will primarily be used as a pass rusher. He may drop back into coverage every blue moon...but it will likely be as a zone defender. He won't be matched up on Vernon Davis man-to-man. I think that Wilson's best fit is ILB. He is VICIOUS blitzing up the gut where he can guy his quickness, strength, and strong hands to overpower centers and guards. I think that SOLB is the biggest area of concern...and will likely be the 1st round draft choice unless it is address in free agency. Who ever we bring in at least has to be capable of coverage. I think that Dion Jordan and Jarvus Jones are the best fits, as of now. Maybe the combine will reveal more candidates. There are some 3rd round guys who might fit the bill. I think that Jamie Collins (OLB, USM) will be an excellent fit. He played OLB his entire career and was productive as a run defender and in coverage. Then last year he was used primarily as a pass rusher and had 11 sacks despite playing on a pathetic defense. If Jones and Jordan are gone at 15...then he is the guy I am hoping will be there in the 3rd round.

I think tez will have a breakout year. I doubt he will ever be a hall Of famer (like he said he wants to be, before last season) but I have a feeling that we will be seeing a lot of #95 this year.

I think we'll be fine.

Galette engages tackles better and has better hand quickness then wilson.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0LcZmAddyXk?list=UUxRsXERvbmRk_OYwHbiHeIQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

His Change of direction coming forward and size is exactly what you look for in a ROLB. It takes a different skillset to play on the Left which is a larger concern but i agree that you don't want Galette and broughton to be our primary coverage guys. That's why you put them on the right.

Broughton might be able to handle both and looked so comfortable on the line that he played NT last year in the preseason and got a few pressures and a Sack. I think that gallette will start on the right and that broughon will back up galette on the outside and wilson in the middle. He looked uncomfortable at weakside linebacker and LDE last year to me.

LOLB is what troubles me the most. We really don't have that one big, athletic edge-setter which is why I like Ansah. He's like Ahmad brooks on Steroids. Corey Lemonier or Devin Taylor are lesser players who might also fit the bill though.

Is anyone else drooling watching a Saints D-line get so much penetration? I know its a highlight reel but god I wish we could get that kind of pressure consistently.

If memory serves me correct Tez played ILB in a 3-4 at Illinois. I remeber them asking him what he would play when he got drafted by us and changing to a 4-3. If so then stick him next to Lofton and bingo-bango-bongo that is a pretty good pair. With some large blocker eater's up in front of him he he won't have to worry about that black shedding problem too much. I think Junior could play OLB but I would have to see him in coverage. His quick twitch speed and quick hands to disengage from linemen is great. Now we would still need a NT as I think think Hicks would be better as a penatrating DE and with Cam Jordon on the other DE that is pretty good starters there. I think Bunkley played NT in Denver in their 3-4 and made the pro bowl so he could be a stop gap there, he is just not as big as you would like there, but he is strong.

I'd like to see Tez manning the middle with Lofton also. Questions are, what happens to Hawthorne. What do any of u guys think we could get for him in a trade? Is his contract even tradeable?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom