Israel Idonije still a free agent (1 Viewer)

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
With free agency winding down and no OT, Wr, or CB signings imminent, one name that is under the radar who would likely add too our front line pass rush is Israel Idonije . Idonije is a guy who I've wanted for the past two seasons, even in the 4-3. He can play inside or outside at DE or 4-3 DT.
Idonije, 6-6, 275 pounds, has not missed a game while recording 20.5 sacks and 149 tackles over the last three seasons.
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...ld-be-a-good-fit-for-the-dallas-cowboys.html/

54802661.jpg

highlights

Bears defense, sack, 15-yd loss - NFL Videos

Bears defense, sack, 7-yd loss - NFL Videos

Chicago Bears DE Julius Peppers recovers Matthew Stafford fumble - NFL Videos

Bears defense, sack, 6-yd loss - NFL Videos

Bears defense, sack, 5-yd loss - NFL Videos

Bears defense, sack, 7-yd loss - NFL Videos

Idonije sacks Thigpen - NFL Videos
Bears defense, sack, 12-yd loss - NFL Videos
Bears defense, sack, 6-yd loss - NFL Videos

He was ranked #6 overall best free agent edge defender by PFF for 13 but he still is without a team.

6. Israel Idonije
2012 Grade: +17.8
2012 Snaps: 726
Summary: This free agent draft class on the edge defenders quickly runs out of steam and we’re either into big risks or players that you simply sign on a year-by-year basis to get production from them until they run out of steam. The classic example of this in recent seasons has been Vonnie Holliday who has consistently played out one-year deals and just played very well on whatever snaps he was given. After an excellent season on a one-year contract in Chicago, Idonije could be lining himself up as the 4-3 equivalent for the next few years.
With the size and ability to rush the passer from inside and out, Idonije is a valuable addition for any 4-3 team and his improved run defense this season (+7.5) only increases his value as you don’t have to carefully manage the snaps he plays. Returning to Chicago is a logical choice for Idonije but on a one-year deal anywhere, a team will be getting good value.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/02/19/ranking-the-2013-free-agents-edge-defenders/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/01/free-agent-edge-defenders/

This guy is very good at splitting double teams and has length reminiscent of JJ Watt as a pass rusher. He he isn't as agile but I think he would be a very good pick up after losing out on Asomugha.

Word is the 49ers are going after him

49ers Blog and Q&A: Source: 49ers looking at Bears free-agent Idonije

Good Lord!! Who arent the 49ers interested in!?!? Next thing you know they'll be chasing after Jamarcus Russell as their 745th string QB :aargh:.....

Good Lord!! Who arent the 49ers interested in!?!? Next thing you know they'll be chasing after Jamarcus Russell as their 745th string QB :aargh:.....

I was surprised last year with how little interest he'd garnered but it seems as though the bears and Titans are also interested.

It's shocking that a player of his caliber doesn't have more teams vying for his services considering he would come very cheaply.

49ers have to be running out of cap space soon.....right? :scratch:

Would he play strong or weakside DE in a 1 gap 3-4 system?

sign him just so we can all see how bad we can butcher that name...

idoneejee
idonegee
idunuge
idunegee

that could get fun.

Would he play DE or OLB in a 3-4? I am surprised that more teams have not looked at him. I would not mind the Saints getting on a cap friendly deal.

I would like to to see Mr Idonije in black & gold. That would be a great signing. *sigh....dreamy*

a bit surprised he is still there. given the market for DEs this season, i think we can get him cheap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom