Israeli researcher: Moses was trippin' (1 Viewer)

Jazzbo

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"As far Moses on Mount Sinai is concerned, it was either a supernatural cosmic event, which I don't believe, or a legend, which I don't believe either, or finally, and this is very probable, an event that joined Moses and the people of Israel under the effect of narcotics," Shanon told Israeli public radio on Tuesday.

Moses was probably also on drugs when he saw the "burning bush," suggested Shanon, who said he himself has dabbled with such substances.

Moses was high on drugs: Israeli researcher

FWIW, a buddy of mine told me he first heard of this theory about 30 years ago.

Moses was high on drugs: Israeli researcher

FWIW, a buddy of mine told me he first heard of this theory about 30 years ago.

Not out of the question.

Man has been using hallucinogens for thousands of years. Most ancient religions incorporated them in some fashion. Peyote was popular with the Shamen in many indian tribes.

The hallucinogenic effects were thought to get you "closer to god" or the secrets of existence. Mushrooms and many other plants have the effect:

http://www.bombshock.com/homemadedrugs/naturalhighs.html

The legend of witches "flying" is realted to the fact they they actually tripped on a hallucinogen and imagined flying through the air. The association with the broom had to do with a older traditions and, some speculate, the method for administering the hallucinogen (ergot).

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a990903.html

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070807214554AAUNfaH

http://www.shanmonster.com/witch/plants/ergot.html

John Allegro has already done that much better

e7ac828fd7a0a00253f91110._AA240_.L.jpg

And he didn't seem like he wanted to share by going to a remote area to partake in his crops. Call him Bogart, not Moses.

i once saw a show about the salem witch trials that proposed the idea that the people of the town were all accidentally hallucinating......there is a fungus that grows on grains called ergot and they could have basically made bread or something that was tainted by the ergot.....and somehow ergot is linked to LSD.....either way, it was a long time ago when i saw it, but the idea always seemed plausible to me

Isn't there a halucinigen that develops from a mold that grows on rye wheat? From what I understand it would cause whole villages all over Europe during the Middle Ages to trip out for a few weeks in the winter when the mold would grow on the stored grain. I think LSD was synthesized from this mold. I read this somewhere.

I have some molded bunny bread. If anyone wants some it is going for $10 a slice.

This seems to be stretching it. So the whole thing was some kind of mass hysteria? All of those people, who were supposedly high on something, heard the same voice from the clouds. The hallucination was the same for a large group of people all at the same time? If people want to say its a myth or a legend that would make alot more sense.

All of those people, who were supposedly high on something, heard the same voice from the clouds. The hallucination was the same for a large group of people all at the same time?

it's very possible and i have experienced similar

This seems to be stretching it. So the whole thing was some kind of mass hysteria? All of those people, who were supposedly high on something, heard the same voice from the clouds. The hallucination was the same for a large group of people all at the same time? If people want to say its a myth or a legend that would make alot more sense.

As the story goes, the Isrealites did not see the bush, right? Moses was alone and reported his sighting after the fact...

Exodus 19

7 So Moses went back and summoned the elders of the people and set before them all the words the LORD had commanded him to speak. 8 The people all responded together, "We will do everything the LORD has said." So Moses brought their answer back to the LORD.
9 The LORD said to Moses, "I am going to come to you in a dense cloud, so that the people will hear me speaking with you and will always put their trust in you." Then Moses told the LORD what the people had said.

When you read further it states they see God descending on the mountain in fire, smoke billowing up covering the sky, and the entire mountain shaking and trembling. I find mass hallucination to that extent hard to believe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom