It’s-a me, Mario! - Ranked Games (1 Viewer)

kcirdor

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s hard to believe that there was a time before we all knew and loved our favorite mustachioed Italian plumber, Mario. Created by famed videogame designer Shigeru Miyamoto, Mario—or Jumpman, as he was originally called—first debuted in arcades in 1981 with Donkey Kong and has since shown up in over 200 videogame titles since.

http://features.metacritic.com/features/2010/super-mario-series-from-best-to-worst/

Of the mario games I've played.

my top 10 ranking is

1 Super Mario 64
2 Super Mario Kart
3 Super Mario World
4 Super Mario Brothers 3
5 Paper Mario
6 Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
7 Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars
8 Super Mario Brothers
9 Super Mario Brothers 2
10 I've played very little of Sunshine, Galaxy, Super Mario Brothers Wii

i just don't like mario 64. i'm pretty sure it's the 3d and the way he moves that's always bothered me.

1. super mario kart
2. dr mario
3. super smash bros./smash bros melee/smash bros brawl
4. mike tyson's punch out
5. super mario world

Mario 3
Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Bro 1
And I think Super Mario Wii has the potential to have a lot of longevity. It's really good.

I'd like to see a sequel to Super Mario 2. All we get is Bowser, but I'd like to see Wart get another go at Mario's dreams.

I spent several hundred dollars a quarter at a time on the original Mario Brothers. Those damned ice levels... No game after that was relative to other games so much better than what else was out there. I did enjoy Super Mario Bros, but got off the train after that.

maxresdefault.jpg

i just don't like mario 64. i'm pretty sure it's the 3d and the way he moves that's always bothered me.

1. super mario kart
2. dr mario
3. super smash bros./smash bros melee/smash bros brawl
4. mike tyson's punch out
5. super mario world

Mario was in Punch out?

Mario was in Punch out?

He's the referee.

Also, the wife and I are working out way through Mario 3d World on the Wii U right now. It's a very good game with fantastic sound and graphics. Unfortunately, I think the U has been abandoned. Boo.

Man I had all 120 starts TWICE. And my lil cousin deleted it both times. This thread brought back bad memories brih

I spent several hundred dollars a quarter at a time on the original Mario Brothers. Those damned ice levels... No game after that was relative to other games so much better than what else was out there. I did enjoy Super Mario Bros, but got off the train after that.

That game was fun.

I'm looking forward to the Mario releases on iOS, although I expect they will be in the microtransaction/pay to win model.

I have this secret hope that Nintendo's move to mobile will one day lead to them putting their current and future stuff on PC and maybe other consoles instead of worrying about competing mainly as an exclusive console company. Their IP is what's always made them better, since the PS2 and later generations have hit people have bought NES consoles in spite of the system because of the IP. I've always thought they could make a lot more money by just focusing on the IP and putting it on all the platforms.

I will concede I know a lot less about business than any Nintendo executives.

Mario 3
Wii Mario
SNES Mario
Mario Golf
Super Mario 3D
Mario Kart

I have this secret hope that Nintendo's move to mobile will one day lead to them putting their current and future stuff on PC and maybe other consoles instead of worrying about competing mainly as an exclusive console company. Their IP is what's always made them better, since the PS2 and later generations have hit people have bought NES consoles in spite of the system because of the IP. I've always thought they could make a lot more money by just focusing on the IP and putting it on all the platforms.

I will concede I know a lot less about business than any Nintendo executives.

I agree with you on all points.

I think the only good IP that Nintendo has is Pokemon and they don't really own that. Pokemon and gimmicks like the Wii are what make them money. That's why they hold onto Pokemon so closely and don't want it available anywhere else. It's amazing that Pokemon Go got to market. I mean, if Pokemon was availabe as a card app like Heathstone, it would blow Heathstone out of the water. Hearthstone is basically a poor electronic version of Pokemon cards. If people could actually play Pokemon digitally, they would never touch Hearthstone again. But it won't happen because Nintendo will do anything they can to stop Pokemon electronic IP from hitting the market to complete with Nintendo consoles.

As far as Mario, the only good Mario games were Donkey Kong and the Super Mario Brothers arcade game. After that it was basically how do we stick Mario into a generic side scroller and then how do we sell another generic Mario game?

For my money, Sonic was a much better and much more fun side scroller.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom