It’s all about Cooper Kupp (1 Viewer)

Before Cooper Kupps injury, I felt like he was the most dangerous receiver I had seen in a long time...very fluid moves, able to to the hook and go so well he would leave corners just standing there..deceptively fast... big physical receiver..I knew he would be very hard for our smaller corners to deal with...then the injury...and the rams offense changed accordingly...I watched him in their first game....he appears healthy, but I did not see the magical speed and agility he had displayed before...I figure he will slowly get it back, so I am glad we are playing them early....HOWEVER......I feel like what this game is really all about is our number two receiver, and Jared Cook...I was disappointed with the two catches from Cook in the first game....I really hope to see him more involved in this game...we need that guy to shine....AND, the number two receiver spot, Ginn, hey, he had a good showing last week....but then undisclosed illness...I hope he is not just sore from the beating that comes with a tough game..I suppose not...but you know, father time is creeping up on him...I of course hope he does great...but if he struggles, the guy who comes in for him, is key...likley Trequan...is Kirkwood hurt? I think I read that he was..
whoever comes in, I hope he is ready....I still regret that Humphries didn't make the 53....anyway, spilled milk..but, if Ginn is not ready to rumble....we will find out if the number two back up is the guy.....I hope so.....nothing I want more than a W against this team, for a variety of reasons....make a statement is number one....they are the bullies on the block...time to send a message.....tick....tick....tick.....(they will try to take Mike out of the game....and they have the guys who might be able to, so we gotta be ready)

I was in the process of writing the same thing.

I have been listening to Rams podcasts this week, and when people have talked about Kupp this week they have all said that Goff’s #1, #2, and #3 targets are Kupp, Kupp, Kupp. If the Saints fan shut out Kupp (unlikely) then you force Goff to view all his targets (which he is less comfortable with). If you eliminate Kupp then you are forcing Goff to hold onto the ball longer, and that puts him in harms way.

I look forward to see how we face Kupp.

I see all three starting WR’s a threat against the Saints until they prove that they can cover consistently.

If we focus on stopping Kupp, then I can see Woods having a big game. I think they’ll let Marshon shadow Cooks and he’s no Hopkins, so I’m not worried about him as much as the other two.

Maybe we should put Lattimore on Kupp, and bracket Cooks over the top. That would rely on Apple covering Woods. But that is better than relying on PJ to cover Kupp.

I can already foresee three hours of remote-throwing, curse-snarling, and table-pounding as I ask "why are we covering Kupp with PJ????"

I was in the process of writing the same thing.

I have been listening to Rams podcasts this week, and when people have talked about Kupp this week they have all said that Goff’s #1, #2, and #3 targets are Kupp, Kupp, Kupp. If the Saints fan shut out Kupp (unlikely) then you force Goff to view all his targets (which he is less comfortable with). If you eliminate Kupp then you are forcing Goff to hold onto the ball longer, and that puts him in harms way.

I look forward to see how we face Kupp.
It really is the key on Defense...I sort of freak when I see us with man to man on a guy like him or Evans from Tampa Bay...I like a safety in the middle at least...

Goff will Target him on most third down passes. Control him and the Saints win.

I would have to say that's probably something Sean has preached and will preach the rest of the week.

Our 3rd down defense was HORRIBLE last week against the Texans.

The crazy thing is, our first and second down defense was great! We were constantly putting them in 3rd and longs but they were consistently converting by picking on PJ William's.

At some point I would imagine Sean and Dennis Allen are going to give CJ Gardner-Johnson a chance in the slot. I like PJ, and he is incredible at the line and in short distances, but he really hurts us with his coverage down the field.

Maybe we should put Lattimore on Kupp, and bracket Cooks over the top. That would rely on Apple covering Woods. But that is better than relying on PJ to cover Kupp.

I can already foresee three hours of remote-throwing, curse-snarling, and table-pounding as I ask "why are we covering Kupp with PJ????"
Maybe we put Lattimore on PJ Williams. Since we know they are going to throw the ball towards PJ, might get some easy interceptions.

Goff loves him some Kupp but contrary to popular belief Robert Woods is his favorite target. he got several more targets than Kupp week one. But we have so many options in the passing game including our two young stud TEs and our new Toy in Darrell Henderson who I think was just being kept a secret week one so the saints didn't know how we plan to use him. Josh Rynolds is our #4 WR and he would be the #2 on the saints. oh and Brandin Cooks..... Yeah this team is loaded and its a pick your poison offense. You focus on Kupp and someone else will burn you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom