It’s Gonna Be On Ownership To Let Go Of Allen… (1 Viewer)

We can dead these fire DA threads he is going to be our Coach until he is not, we are gearing up for this coming season and DA is the coach, why keep creating these fire DA threads when its been establish that he is coming back.
Because it's never too late to fire Allen...we can fire him, hire this guy

giphy.webp

And we'd be in better shape going into 2024...at least no one would be lying to themselves that the windup monkey can right the ship in year 3 like they would if Allen finished this season 7-10 again

yeah, I agree. Except DA has been an NFL head coach for 3+ seasons, I think there's plenty to judge him on, and that we made a mistake that we should have terminated early.
Belichick had 1 winning season in his first 6 seasons as a head coach. Went 5-11 his first year at New England. I'm sure people in New England said the same about him but seemed to work out ok for those guys.

Because he's a loser, but he just happens to be our loser. Unless he starts winning, we can expect numerous threads on the same topic, that's what folks do around here.

#neverdennis has no offseason. Denver has a terrible season with Hackett - a 1st year, 1st time HC - they fire him and hire Sean Payton. We lose Sean Payton, hire a guy with a terrible record, has a terrible season, we keep him and trade Sean Payton to the Broncos, blow up the coaching staff on the good side of the ball and keep the offensive side intact. Proactive vs. NOactive.

I get the sentiment some of you have about falling in line, blindly supporting a loser because he is our HC for another season. I guess its differing views of what a fan is. I dont think we should be ok with accepting what Dennis Allen is, for the better of the franchise.

Belichick had 1 winning season in his first 6 seasons as a head coach. Went 5-11 his first year at New England. I'm sure people in New England said the same about him but seemed to work out ok for those guys.

Belichick won 31 games in his first 4 seasons, was 2 games under .500 ..... in Cleveland. Dennis Allen has won less than half what Belichick did in his first 4 seasons, and is 23 games under .500.

Belichick lost 10+ games 3 times in 28 years. Allen has lost 10+ in every season he has coached that he wasnt fired in.

Thats what youre going with. Youre comparing a coach trying to find his way, to a guy who isnt even good enough to be compared to bad coaches.

Belichick. Good lord.

Last edited:
Belichick won 31 games in his first 4 seasons, was 2 games under .500 ..... in Cleveland. Dennis Allen has won less than half what Belichick did in his first 4 seasons, and is 23 games under .500.

Thats what youre going with. Youre comparing a coach trying to find his way, to a guy who isnt even good enough to be compared to bad coaches.

Belichick. Good lord.
I'm comparing 2 coaches who struggled early in their careers. Maybe Allen turns in around or maybe he doesn't. Stupid to fire him after 1 season.

I'm comparing 2 coaches who struggled early in their careers. Maybe Allen turns in around or maybe he doesn't. Stupid to fire him after 1 season.

I guess Drew Lock is going to be the next Drew Brees.

Let’s just say for argument, the Saints go 9-8, which is extremely possible in this division, DA has a 16-18 record.
Would you keep him? You think Gayle/Loomis will keep him?
Wouldn’t surprise me if they gave him an extension for 9-8. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I don't care how weak the division is, DW won't win it. He's an inept and weak leader. One of the other new coaches will get their team going and the Saints will falter and fall apart too much. You could give DA the Chiefs roster and he'd still lose a bunch of games.

I get the sentiment some of you have about falling in line, blindly supporting a loser because he is our HC for another season.
Where was that posted? Who posted that? How many have posted that?

The blatant, ham-fisted misinterpretation of other posters' positions is truly getting ridiculous.

Where was that posted? Who posted that? How many have posted that?

The blatant, ham-fisted misinterpretation of other posters' positions is truly getting ridiculous.

Post 44. How would you interpret that besides, fall in line, get behind the loser?

Last edited:
The ownership is gonna need to be proactive if you want DA gone.
With the way the division is set up, the Saints are likely to get 7-8 wins and the division title by default.
As much as people are hoping for a 3-4 win season, it is unlikely.
Proactive ownership means letting go of a HC despite winning a severely weak division.
Who else would it be on?

I have posted several times since the end of the season that Gayle was not going to fire him after one season. She is loyal to a fault just like her late husband. They all like each other a little too much for that to happen.
Thank God Tom Benson was as loyal as he was.

With the way the division is set up, the Saints are likely to get 7-8 wins and the division title by default.
Proactive ownership means letting go of a HC despite winning a severely weak division.
Likely to get 7-8 wins? Oh sweet summer child

So all the fans of the 70's and 80's that wanted new coaches were wrong? Bad is bad, 70, 80, 90's I don't care when. Spoiled is not even a consideration here. Also, one big difference from the NFL then and now is salary cap. How many teams go from 1st to worst and worst to 1st? It's a lot easier to field a good/great team now as compared to years past. So yes, plenty, myself included, would have sheete canned Dennis Allen 1/2 way through the season. Plenty would have fired him after allowing Tampa to come back to win that game. Almost all of us would have fired him the minute the plane hit the ground after the season finally. Almost all of us would have fired Pete Charmichael. So, I would not say fans are spoiled because they see bad and don't want to continue to pay for a bad product. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't see ONE redeeming quality of Dennis Allen leading this team. I see a coach that is completely lost, has no clue and personally I'd rather start with the next stage of success than continue to keep doing what we are doing. It's not his first rodeo and his resume should be able to be referenced when speaking on his lack of success. Especially with what we saw during the season giving us NO reason to think different.
Agreed 100%

Still haven't cooled off? Patience, you'll get there. :hihi:

Really, W/L is 1 of the most important things, but not the only thing. For example, if Ms. Gayle is about to rehire Allen for a 3rd season, and gets a call from a coach the organization has been coveting, he could be a goner. Or,,, she may be on the fence, but there are no better coaches available and keeping him is the best thing for the organization.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom