It’s Gonna Be On Ownership To Let Go Of Allen… (2 Viewers)

Post 44. How would you interpret that besides, fall in line, get behind the loser?
Post 44:
We can dead these fire DA threads he is going to be our Coach until he is not, we are gearing up for this coming season and DA is the coach, why keep creating these fire DA threads when its been established that he is coming back.

Your interpretation:
I get the sentiment some of you have about falling in line, blindly supporting a loser because he is our HC for another season.

So how would I interpret it? Well, because I understand what English words mean, and I'm not twisting the words of Post 44 to fit my own narrative as you clearly are, I interpret the post just as it's written.

We can dead these fire DA threads he is going to be our Coach until he is not, we are gearing up for this coming season and DA is the coach, why keep creating these fire DA threads when its been establish that he is coming back.
This comment is really what I clicked on this thread to read. This site is getting painful to visit, because just about any thread almost instantly turns into an anti-DA screed. Mock draft thread? "Draft doesn't matter, 'cause DA is just going to mess it up."
It is getting really, really old. DA is coaching the team next year. I am curious to see how it turns out. I intend on attending some games, and rooting on my team.

Post 44:
We can dead these fire DA threads he is going to be our Coach until he is not, we are gearing up for this coming season and DA is the coach, why keep creating these fire DA threads when its been established that he is coming back.

Your interpretation:
I get the sentiment some of you have about falling in line, blindly supporting a loser because he is our HC for another season.

So how would I interpret it? Well, because I understand what English words mean, and I'm not twisting the words of Post 44 to fit my own narrative as you clearly are, I interpret the post just as it's written.

The post is barely english. But let us know when the gag order has been lifted.

Belichick had 1 winning season in his first 6 seasons as a head coach. Went 5-11 his first year at New England. I'm sure people in New England said the same about him but seemed to work out ok for those guys.
As a Pat’s fan and a New Englander I can tell you almost assuredly none of the people I know felt this way. Bill had a vision and even when game wins didn’t come you knew he’d put the team where it needed to be. To even mention Dennis Allen in the same breath as him is asinine.

As a Pat’s fan and a New Englander I can tell you almost assuredly none of the people I know felt this way. Bill had a vision and even when game wins didn’t come you knew he’d put the team where it needed to be. To even mention Dennis Allen in the same breath as him is asinine.
Maybe you should hang around more people. As such a staunch patriots fan I would've thought you remembered these days....unless you got on the Patriots wagon later on.

Also, for the record, I'm not comparing DA to BB....I'm saying even one of the greatest coaches of all time had a shaky start and it's asinine to fire a coach after 1 season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...rson-who-said-to-hire-bill-belichick-in-2000/

A reason for the undertow of critical or even negative comments is disagreement with the continuity philosophy that the Saints embraced after Payton left and that led to the Dennis Allen selection. This debate or disagreement goes beyond who the head coach is. On one side, there are those who hold Loomis in high esteem and who believe the Saints have the talent to at least win their division. On the other side, there are those who have questions about Loomis as general manager and our overall talent level, and who believe that last year we should have moved in a direction very different from what we had been doing when Payton was head coach. I fall in the latter camp. But at the root of the divide on this forum is disagreement over the continuity approach embraced by Loomis.

I don't dispute your larger point about Gayle, but that's not the book on Tom. Make no mistake, he was a shark when it came to business,,,and the Saints were a business to him. A shrewdly patient shark, certainly, but a shark nonetheless.
I would not write this were the parties not all now deceased (RIP all). The story I heard from Tom's brother Peter Benson's doctor was that the two brothers were in business together, and that on her deathbed, their mom made Tom promise not to screw Peter, his brother, out of the business - that should tell you something about how much of a shark Tom was in business.

Maybe you should hang around more people. As such a staunch patriots fan I would've thought you remembered these days....unless you got on the Patriots wagon later on.

Also, for the record, I'm not comparing DA to BB....I'm saying even one of the greatest coaches of all time had a shaky start and it's asinine to fire a coach after 1 season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...rson-who-said-to-hire-bill-belichick-in-2000/

I was wearing Steve Grogan Jerseys before I could walk. No band waggon fan here. And there are plenty of GREAT choices that involve firing coaches after one season. When something doesn't work it doesn't take multiple seasons to figure it out. Also, DA has been a head coach before..... This isn't the first time he's looked lost when Sean Payton isn't holding his hand.

I was wearing Steve Grogan Jerseys before I could walk. No band waggon fan here. And there are plenty of GREAT choices that involve firing coaches after one season. When something doesn't work it doesn't take multiple seasons to figure it out. Also, DA has been a head coach before..... This isn't the first time he's looked lost when Sean Payton isn't holding his hand.

I agree and that's why I believe teams should consider offering one year coaching contracts. I understand the standard these days is 3 or 4 year contracts but the result of that is too many teams being stuck with incompetent head coaches.
And early on the criteria should not be winning games but just some evidence that the coach has the team well prepared for its games, makes adjustments during games, has the roster playing with high energy and determination etc... These are factors that are revealed within just a few games. and there is no reason it should take year (s) to evaluate.

I agree and that's why I believe teams should consider offering one year coaching contracts. I understand the standard these days is 3 or 4 year contracts but the result of that is too many teams being stuck with incompetent head coaches.
And early on the criteria should not be winning games but just some evidence that the coach has the team well prepared for its games, makes adjustments during games, has the roster playing with high energy and determination etc... These are factors that are revealed within just a few games. and there is no reason it should take year (s) to evaluate.
I couldn’t see a scenario where coaches were on 1 year “prove it” deals. There’s too much fluidity and uncertainty each Season with injuries and sometimes injuries are the difference between a mediocre team and a contender.

It would give the air of instability around the franchise and would make it very difficult for a coach to reshape a teams personnel to their philosophy and it would not be a very attractive spot for free agents.

Sometimes it takes a couple of years for a coach to dig in their heels and I’d imagine it’s even more complicated when you are replacing a 16 year coach who completely reshaped the franchise’s history.

I knew the Saints FO would never jettison Allen after one season. Because they know that in order to succeed - you have to have faith in your hire and give them the room they need to either grow or shrink. I have really loved this offseason way more than I did last offseason. It feels like Allen is stretching his wings a little and trying to change the staff and roster in a way that will suit his vision.

Will it work out? We won’t know yet - but I’m encouraged.

These are weird thread bumps trolling the board
If nothing else its interesting to see how quickly the narrative changes on SaintsReport. A month ago everyone wanted Allen gone and was ready to burn it all down. After the Carr signing everyone is back on board. Like somehow signing Carr makes Allen a better coach.

I can understand moving forward and accepting that this is the teams choice, I will certainly be rooting for them. But its strange how any criticism of the teams decision is now frowned upon.

If nothing else its interesting to see how quickly the narrative changes on SaintsReport. A month ago everyone wanted Allen gone and was ready to burn it all down. After the Carr signing everyone is back on board. Like somehow signing Carr makes Allen a better coach.

I can understand moving forward and accepting that this is the teams choice, I will certainly be rooting for them. But its strange how any criticism of the teams decision is now frowned upon.
In my defense, I didn’t expect the Saints to land a QB and attack FA.

In my defense, I didn’t expect the Saints to land a QB and attack FA.
Not really that surprised. Once it was clear that DA was not going anywhere they had to kind of go all in again. I am not really sold on Carr, DA or PC, I will continue to question the choice to keep kicking the can.
But I have to give them credit for going for it.

They are the odds on favorite to win the division, they have a pretty weak schedule on paper playing the AFC South so if the offense clicks is the 2 or 3 seed really out of the realm of possibility. Who else outside of the 49's and Eagles are better then us in the NFC, maybe the Cowboys . I wanted Allen gone, but I can't deny that if you wanted to go for it this is the year to do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom