It’s like your long time girlfriend telling you she needs a break but she still loves you (1 Viewer)

Most coaches don’t stay retired. It takes the second run to realize retirement is really the answer. Even Lombardi didn’t retire a Packer.
He spent 16 seasons with the franchise. There’s only like six or seven people that have had a longer tenure with one franchise.
What works for Payton is that his legacy as a coach is set. He’s going to the Hall even if his second stint is a failure or underwhelming. And I’m basing that on the Brees combo.

Most coaches don’t stay retired. It takes the second run to realize retirement is really the answer. Even Lombardi didn’t retire a Packer.
He spent 16 seasons with the franchise. There’s only like six or seven people that have had a longer tenure with one franchise.
What works for Payton is that his legacy as a coach is set. He’s going to the Hall even if his second stint is a failure or underwhelming. And I’m basing that on the Brees combo.
I dont think he makes the Hall...its going to depend a lot on whether the Hall keeps the interim provision in place for the extra coaching spot. I dont think they will once it expires.

His resume is on the Hall of Very good side, but not quite HoF level.

Not including Andy Reid, Belichick, McVay on Tomlin there are 7 coaches with a higher win% not in the HoF. There are also 7 retired coaches not in the HoF with more wins. Two of them have multiple SB victories

I dont think he makes the Hall...its going to depend a lot on whether the Hall keeps the interim provision in place for the extra coaching spot. I dont think they will once it expires.

His resume is on the Hall of Very good side, but not quite HoF level.

Not including Andy Reid, Belichick, McVay on Tomlin there are 7 coaches with a higher win% not in the HoF. There are also 7 retired coaches not in the HoF with more wins. Two of them have multiple SB victories
I think his time the Coach/QB combo will get him in.
17E43696-CBBE-441B-9096-1F5C5DDC426E.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom