It’s not going to be a tight leash (1 Viewer)

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
A lot of speculation that if Hill has some bad series that he is going to be pulled. We have to take a step back from this whole frenzied Winston v Hill stuff. There is no “I’m still convinced Winston plays around half the snaps”.

You do not win anything like that. This team and Coach Payton need to have faith and support in Hill. This is why he took all of the first team snaps this week. This is his game from start to finish barring any injury.

He may start fast he may start slow, it may take time to get into rhythm but make no mistake. The decision has been to go with Hill and it’s his game to win or lose. This is his start and he’s earned it to play this game with this offence.

Any coach will tell you if you have him going into this game with a short leash and pressure, your asking for a flat offence and timid performance.

this team is fully behind and invested in Hill for tomorrow and I hope the same goes for this forum.

Tomorrow is his moment, it is his oppurtunity, and he has sacrificed and worked his arse off to get it. He’s a big time player and makes big time plays. Tomorrow is his day to show just how big he can play!

Go get em Taysom! Kick Some arse!

Agree completely. Even if it is a disaster it's his game. Give him the chance to get into a groove.

Agree completely. Even if it is a disaster it's his game. Give him the chance to get into a groove.

Logically you would imagine it may take some time to really get the offence going under hill, and you got to be ready to give him a chance to do that. I sure hope they start out hot though!

I wonder how the Offensive line will perform. I look for some massive blocks moving down the field.

Depends what we are doing on defense.

If we are down 3-0 early second quarter, then I agree with your assessment.

If we are down 17-0, he'll yank him because the game plan of heavy run is out the window. Enter Jameis Winston.

Sean likes winning too much for it to be a long leash. Very short leash today...I believe.

I mean it all depends on how things are going but they want and need to win. If it is just not clicking, no big deal, so I hope he really gets a fair chance as any first time starter should get. However if he is all gimmick that Atlanta figures out right away and all can see he has no NFL arm, he may just in fact get yanked if SP thinks mixing in Winston could get them the W this afternoon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom