Saints It’s really less about Taysom vs Jameis... and more about Sean Payton. (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
All of the Taysom/Jameis (wINsTon for Nolan 🤣) debate aside... I’m thinking to how many times Sean Payton has made a “splash” decision that surprised the “experts” and they have blown up in his face... 🤔

Typically, when CSP makes a call like this... it works out.

More than anything else... I want the Saints to beat the Falcons. My money is on Sean Payton feeling the same way. I trust his decision. Even if he would’ve gone the direction everyone thought... I’d still trust his judgment. Maybe I wouldn’t like it... but I’d trust it.

I’m excited for Taysom Hill and the potential that he carries... but I won’t rule out CSP doing anything from Taysom plays every snap at QB start to finish -to- Taysom starting for the 1st play and motioning out wide with AK41 moving to WildCat QB, and then Jameis taking over at QB from then on...

Just win the game.

It's true that the majority of Sean Payton's in-season moves tend to work out more often than they don't.

He replaced Carney with Hartley in December of the SB season.......he went on to send us to the SB and hit 3 from 40 plus yards in that game.

He had to do the same thing with Hartley in 2013 when it was clear that he was going to continue being a liability at the worst possible times, and Shayne Graham hit 4 FGs including the game winner to win our first road playoff game.

Around the time he replaced Hartley, he decided it was time for Terron Armstread at LT instead of Charles Brown.....and now he is viewed as one of the best at his position.

And more recently there was him trading Adrian Peterson up on realizing that Kamara was about to break out as a star.

So will this work? I don't know.....but it's going to make for some must see TV on Sunday at noon if he does go with Hill.

It's true that the majority of Sean Payton's in-season moves tend to work out more often than they don't.

He replaced Carney with Hartley in December of the SB season.......he went on to send us to the SB and hit 3 from 40 plus yards in that game.

He had to do the same thing with Hartley in 2013 when it was clear that he was going to continue being a liability at the worst possible times, and Shayne Graham hit 4 FGs including the game winner to win our first road playoff game.

Around the time he replaced Hartley, he decided it was time for Terron Armstread at LT instead of Charles Brown.....and now he is viewed as one of the best at his position.

And more recently there was him trading Adrian Peterson up on realizing that Kamara was about to break out as a star.

So will this work? I don't know.....but it's going to make for some must see TV on Sunday at noon if he does go with Hill.
Don't forget about cutting a RB picked in the 4th round for undrafted Pierre Thomas. Cutting a 4th pick before he played a down in a real game isn't a small thing.

Don't forget about cutting a RB picked in the 4th round for undrafted Pierre Thomas. Cutting a 4th pick before he played a down in a real game isn't a small thing.

Very true, but I was referring to moves he had to make in-season. The Pierre thing was obviously during final cuts of 2007 right before the season started.

But, to your point, he tends to get those right more often than not as well.

All kidding aside, I think the title is right, if you pay attention to our Coach, the sequence of events make perfect sense.

We went into the game last week with a distinct game plan. To keep the game plan as practiced all week, Winston had to play QB so TH could continue his role for that game.

Now, Payton has a week to implement whatever game plan he wants. Now, knowing we may be without Lattimore, and with Atl. coming on as of late, the game plan could definitely be “keep the Flacons off the field”. If that’s the case it would make perfect sense to implement a game plan the involves us running heavy run packages to keep the time rolling and to protect our defense.

Its almost predictable if you look at the game within the game with heavy consideration to who our coach is. This is a Belichick-Ian move, but we’re not the Patriots and our coach is viewed as the Dennis the menace of Coaches to the NFL so it’s viewed differently.

Payton knows what he has with Taysom a lot better than any of us. I do remember being really impressed with how good he looked last year in preseason as a pocket passer, but I do think that its hard for him to be at his best at QB when he isn't a full time QB all year, when he's jumping between position groups so much.

So I do wonder what coach has up his sleeve. But I expect that he knows this team better than anyone, and will put them in the best position to win. And I'm anxious to see what he comes up with.

And I'm excited for Taysom to get a real chance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom