It’s still happening all these years later! (1 Viewer)

Custumz97

Rookie
Reaction score
Saw this down the Twitter feed of Joe Buck being announced for Pete Rozelle award. Kind of ironic, all these years later these kinds of things still happen to us. Oh well, at least we have a trophy! Happy Friday!!!

The cover unit assumed it bounced out of bounds.

But if any Ram walks onto the field during the play (as it appears from the replay they do) then it's cancelled by illegal substitution. But of course, I'm sure the refs never called that...

We in
Saw this down the Twitter feed of Joe Buck being announced for Pete Rozelle award. Kind of ironic, all these years later these kinds of things still happen to us. Oh well, at least we have a trophy! Happy Friday!!!

We indeed have a trophy and we won that game 37-34 despite that special teams gaffe.

Tyrone Hughes ran back two kickoffs for touchdowns that day and keyed the win. Payton would’ve found a way to play him on offense. Sadly, it didn’t ever happen with Mora and Carl Smith. Hughes was only an average DB and should’ve been shifted to offense.

We in

We indeed have a trophy and we won that game 37-34 despite that special teams gaffe.

Tyrone Hughes ran back two kickoffs for touchdowns that day and keyed the win. Payton would’ve found a way to play him on offense. Sadly, it didn’t ever happen with Mora and Carl Smith. Hughes was only an average DB and should’ve been shifted to offense.
I think I'm remembering rightly this was also the game where WR Willie Anderson had 336 yards of total offense?

This is why I do not believe in conspiracies. Obviously incompetence is the real problem.

I think I'm remembering rightly this was also the game where WR Willie Anderson had 336 yards of total offense?

That was five years earlier, yeah. The 1989 home game on SNF. The game that greased the skids for Hebert's pouting and later holdout. Though, it was the secondary's fault they gave up 336 yards to one guy, obviously.

Other replays showed several Rams offensive players (probably 5-6) had come on the field for the next series. Refs didn't call 12 men on the field because it was more like 16 or 17. I guess there's no penalty for that.

I like how its a Joe Buck "highlight" when the other guy calls the play. Joe didn't even notice...

There are teams that stuff happens to, and teams that stuff happens for. We know which group the Saints are in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom