It Feels Like Carr Is the Guy, Right? (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
The team most likely to sign Payton has what could be the last pick in the 1st round. Unless we get a 2024 1st in the deal to package and move up, a QB could be out of reach.

With the Allen connection, Carr has to be our target, right? We can’t possibly be running it back with Andy Dalton. Tell me that’s not the plan.

Depends.... I could see a scenario where we make a trade play for Rodgers if some things line up... Like MT13 coming back for another season, Getting a very low 1st round pick for CSP from Denver and sending it to GB (along with another pick), and some "Loomising" of the roster to cut some cap... and kick it down the road.

It does feel like Carr... But after last year with them going after Watson... They think they are still in "All In" mode... So I can't put a move for Rodgers past them. I'd usually say one thing is more likely than the other, but at this point... with this team... I just can't say that.

Does it matter who go after or even keep what we have unless we change how the o-line performs?

The team most likely to sign Payton has what could be the last pick in the 1st round. Unless we get a 2024 1st in the deal to package and move up, a QB could be out of reach.

With the Allen connection, Carr has to be our target, right? We can’t possibly be running it back with Andy Dalton. Tell me that’s not the plan.
I think Derek Carr is definitely a guy you go after strong. He's not the best but I think he can at least take on the division, but with that said. Pete Carmichael needs to actually Offensive Coordinate and adjust to his strengths and not try to go out there with the same stale offense.

Derek Carr signed a 3 year, $121,500,000 contract with the Las Vegas Raiders, including a $7,500,000 signing bonus, $65,277,519 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $40,500,000. In 2023, Carr will earn a base salary of $32,900,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $34,875,000 and a dead cap value of $5,625,000.

Aaron Rodgers signed a 3 year, $150,815,000 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $40,800,000 signing bonus, $150,815,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $50,271,667. In 2023, Rodgers will earn a base salary of $1,165,000, a signing bonus of $58,300,000 and a workout bonus of $50,000, while carrying a cap hit of $31,623,568 and a dead cap value of $99,778,568.

Carr would have to be cut for us to go after... Not worth that $$$$...

He can be got via free agency once they cut him.
Carr would be a huge upgrade for us at QB and we would run away with the division next year.

However, other notable free agent (UFA) QBs include:

Tom Brady
Geno Smith
Jimmy G

QBs that might get the non-exclusive franchise tag (meaning they could be had for 2 firsts)

Lamar Jackson
Daniel Jones

Less notable free agent QBs that could be a cheap out for the front office if we are tanking:

Jacoby Brissett
Sam Darnold
Baker Mayfield
Mike White

There are a LOT of options besides drafting a guy. In my estimation signing Carr as a free agent is the BEST possible outcome for the offseason.

It's going to buy him at least this season amd 4 games into the 24 season...so he's going to try and do it. But I'm against it...if it were another staff, sure bring Carr in.

But DA? I'm way past trying to save his job. He made his bed...he needs to fail with his decision (Dalton) before he does something to make sure we fail with the next guy as well.

I had no idea of the specifics of the Rodgers deal, no way Loomis could work his magic on that one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom