It Feels Like Carr Is the Guy, Right? (1 Viewer)

Based on last season’s performance Carr is middle of the pack according to ESPN stats

Hopefully this thread doesn’t matter because he wont be starting next year
The above post referencing Dalton from the sack thread made me think of this thread.
The team most likely to sign Payton has what could be the last pick in the 1st round. Unless we get a 2024 1st in the deal to package and move up, a QB could be out of reach.

With the Allen connection, Carr has to be our target, right? We can’t possibly be running it back with Andy Dalton. Tell me that’s not the plan.
So yeah, now that we know it's extremely unlikely we can get in position to take one of the top three QBs in this draft.. it sure looks likely we're either going to end up with Dalton or Carr starting next year, does it not? Maybe we draft Hendon Hooker and he's able to come in and start right away? Don't put high odds on that one personally though.

Genuine question then, who else possibly available in free agency would have any real likelihood of ending up here? Not Jackson. Garoppolo maybe? That seems like a fairly marginal upgrade over Dalton at this point. I guess Daniel Jones and Geno Smith are free agents too but.. really don't think they're ending up here.

It just seems like Carr is the only realistic option out there who's a pretty definitive upgrade and if it's not him.. almost seems like it's going to have to be Dalton.

Carr seems like the play. His floor is probably a notch above Dalton's best. And his upside in skill and age are much better. You likely have to draft a QB unless he renews his career. You never know until you try and that's just where the saints are right now.
Agree 100%. Carr looks like his floor is about Dalton level. If the Offensive Line can keep him from getting killed, he could be right at about top 10-12. That's about his ceiling. That wins the South easily in 2023 if the Saints only deal with NFL "average" injuries. Saints "average" injuries are a different story.

I like Carr and think he has a few years left as an average QB. With the Saints roster, if healthy, they can win this putrid division and maybe a playoff game or more. A healthy roster and a couple of productive rookies....yeah, the can make some noise.

Draft: DT, bruiser RB, Guard, EDGE and a kicker who is rejuvenated or young and accurate. Get a few doctors and some balm or something to go with that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom