it is funny how things work out in the world of professional sports (1 Viewer)

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
we see it every year with the saints how players are cut, brought back, cut again and repeat 15 more times.

Jordan "instant grits" Crawford averaged 14 points last season and had an article where he saw himself as the 6th man of the league (https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-news-jordan-crawford-says-sixth-man-year-lock-given-opportunity/). Grits was cut after 2 games to make room for the ancient Jameer Nelson. Pelicans fans wanted Demps' head on a spike and gentry's body burning in effigy.

Now in hindsight after Nelson was sent to Chicago as Mirotic filler the Pelicans are in position to have Crawford's services for the final 3 games of the season and the playoffs. I am not saying Grits will win us the 'chip but for a simple twist of fate he could have easily been a Bull. Ian Clark averages half the points that grits brings but has a much more valuable skillset. we may have seriously bettered our bench 3 games before the season ends.

grits averages in three games this season:

75% 3 point percentage, 10pt 4ast a game... the guy makes free throws and hustles on defense.

I love the pickup myself. Now that the Pels have beaten the Warriors, they could clinch a playoff spot with a win over the Clippers. Instant Grits could give them the offensive push they need to get in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom