It is what is... (1 Viewer)

saintsfanflorida

Very Banned
Reaction score
That seems to be the phrase lately. Are we just being lazy? Is it really what it is? Everyone's saying it, it must be true.

Kind of a dubious statement IMO and something that can mean or describe anything and everything but also nothing at the same time. I think that's how I've summed it up personally.

I guess mea culpa never caught on, and a my bad didn't cut it so you just go with "it is what it is" I know I could have used phrases like that when I was younger, or if I was Brett Farve.

"At the end of the day, it is what it is."

Its not being lazy, but somethings are out of your control, so why worry about them?

Let whatever is going to happen, happen, then deal with it. Adding extra stress to a situation worrying about something out of your control, wont change the outcome.

So until your actions can directly reflect an outcome, it is what it is.

Get it?

That seems to be the phrase lately. Are we just being lazy? Is it really what it is? Everyone's saying it, it must be true.

I like the phrase. It's a statement of acceptance of fact, something which many people seem to lack the capacity for.

You see it all over the forum. :mad: :mad: :mad: at media attention the Saints get! It's like damning the clouds on a rainy day. Why? It is what it is. Get over it and move on with your life.

I like the phrase. It's a statement of acceptance of fact, something which many people seem to lack the capacity for.

You see it all over the forum. :mad: :mad: :mad: at media attention the Saints get! It's like damning the clouds on a rainy day. Why? It is what it is. Get over it and move on with your life.

You get it.

I like the phrase too, but don't limit its use to Get Over It And Move On situations. The phrase works even when you want to change something. If I want take 'A' to 'B', I have to first accurately assess what and where 'A' is. It is what it is. Start with that.

This saying is meaningless filler to use when you are too drunk to articulate support for an argument or cohesive justification for a statement. :idunno:

Once heard, people process the statement in their mind and cannot dispute your claim. People will just move on to the next topic once this is used. Since you have reduced your argument to an obvious comparison of "it" with "it," there is no need for further debate.

That's so last month ....it was what it was. It's over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom