It keeps being said that next year’s QB class is going to be better, but is it? (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
This keeps getting repeated over and over here in regards to what we should be after in terms of SP’s compensation (2024 draft picks instead of picks this year), and I don’t get why.

Mind you, I don’t follow college football as closely as I used to, but the only guy in my head I could think of as “special” was Caleb Williams out of USC, but I figured there’s likely a good chance that maybe I am just ignorant about what makes the 2024 class so great.

So I went to check out a few mock drafts, and sure enough, it seems as though Williams is the only guy consistently mocked at the top of the draft.

In fact, Walterfootball’s latest 2024 Mock Draft (done last weekend) only has two QBs being selected in round 1 - Williams at #1 overall, and Quinn Ewers at #22 (ironically as a projected Saints pick).

So I must ask, who else is there that I am not thinking about that apparently every Draft guru on this board is so excited about besides Williams, a player that I would hope we’d have no shot whatsoever at taking since it would likely mean we had a 3-14 season or worse.

This keeps getting repeated over and over here in regards to what we should be after in terms of SP’s compensation (2024 draft picks instead of picks this year), and I don’t get why.

Mind you, I don’t follow college football as closely as I used to, but the only guy in my head I could think of as “special” was Caleb Williams out of USC, but I figured there’s likely a good chance that maybe I am just ignorant about what makes the 2024 class so great.

So I went to check out a few mock drafts, and sure enough, it seems as though Williams is the only guy consistently mocked at the top of the draft.

In fact, Walterfootball’s latest 2024 Mock Draft (done last weekend) only has two QBs being selected in round 1 - Williams at #1 overall, and Quinn Ewers at #22 (ironically as a projected Saints pick).

So I must ask, who else is there that I am not thinking about that apparently every Draft guru on this board is so excited about besides Williams, a player that I would hope we’d have no shot whatsoever at taking since it would likely mean we had a 3-14 season or worse.

When is the next Manning kid scheduled to come out? That’s our guy. Lol (kidding)

I’m like you… I don’t know for sure but let me tell you about my feelings… 😂

I feel like every season there are a bunch of guys that potentially could step up, some do and some don’t.

This year, we went in with Young, Stroud and Levis up there I also saw a couple other guys up there like Hall from BYU who was mocked in the 1st. Then you have like McKee and Hooker.

Levis is up there because of his tools, not production, same with Richardson. But then McKee has many of those tools, had a bad season and is considered a 2nd or 3rd. Hall didn’t have a GREAT season so now he’s a smaller guy with average tools and is a 3rd rounder.

Hooker was on his way to a GREAT season and being a 1st round pick and got hurt… now he’s a 2nd or 3rd…

now, lastly… all this is coming from website scouts. As the draft gets closer, Richardson will become a top 10 pick or a mid second rounder… who knows.

There were a lot of QB’s that made a good decision to go back for their senior or 4th year. Most were probably 2nd-4th round picks and should increase their stock by getting valuable playing time.

Penix from Washington is a kid I really like.

I'm higher on this drafts QBs. There's probably 6 or 7 guys you could draft as your future QB. I think 4 will go in the first round. I'd guess there's a 50% bust chance.
Next year looks more top heavy. There will be 2 or 3 QBs who move up because of next seasons play but I don't see a team planning their future around the 5th QB taken in 2024.
Season needs to play out though.
In 2024 you're gonna need a top 5 pick to get a QB you feel good about. This year you can get Hooker for a 2nd and let him sit a year.

If Tanner McKee is there in the second round I think you take him. The more I read on the kid the more I like. I think he is a guy who can come in and play next year. He may take a year or 2 to hit his stride but he has the best chance and may fall to us

Drake Maye is a franchise QB as well next yr
Wasn’t he a freshman this year?
I don’t think he’s eligible next year.
He’s the one I want though.

Edit: he’s draft eligible in 2024!!!

Ok, I just figured out what year we are in😂. Disregard me, I’ve been mastering the art of quantum jumping and I’m clearly not on everyone else’s timeline.

Before the college football season Tyler Van Dyke was gaining steam, then he couldn't stay the starter at Miami.

There are always new QB names, and after the success of Jalen Hurts, I think that opens the door for more college type QB's to be considered.

Travis from FSU is making great strides each and every season. I’m excited to see what he can do this year. If his growth continues I can see him shooting up the draft boards.
Love love love Travis. Super underrated. He will be a heisman candidate and FSU should be pretty good

Better than last year...sure, can't be any worse TBH.

Buuut, you're seeing how much drafting a QB is going to be a crapshoot...this is exactly what I wanted to avoid. We gon learn today that taking a QB early does not automatically make him a "Franchise QB" - I hate that term BTW.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom