"It was a push off by the receiver... Should have been called" (1 Viewer)

Actually, the Seahawks used a similar concept on this play. The inside receiver begins engaging the outside receiver's cover man within 1 yard of the LOS while the outside receiver cuts in for what should be an easy TD. As others have noted, it is a staple of the Patriots offense, and Bellichick's team clearly understands this play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7rPIg7ZNQ8

I wonder if the Seahawks and their fans remember this play.

Bingo. :worthy:

teams run pick plays at the goalline every week,seattle did it in the superbowl two years ago. how often does it get called. Teams know they have a 1 yard from the los cushion as far as contact goes that if STRICTLY enforced would get them busted everytime but they know it isn't and never really has been so they keep going 34 in the 30 mph zone so to speak. Defense needs to see it coming presnap and have a plan in place to counter it,simple as that.

Tony Dungy is the one you mentioned it, then Rodney Harrison was like uhhh YEAH!!

I hate Tony Dungy thought. He's so annoying and yeah I don't think I've heard him say anything good about the Saints.

Tony Dungy is the one you mentioned it, then Rodney Harrison was like uhhh YEAH!!

I hate Tony Dungy thought. He's so annoying and yeah I don't think I've heard him say anything good about the Saints.

I think it was 2013...he picked the Saints to lose just about every week. He clearly doesn't like the Saints.

How is Seattle winning a better story?
Seattle is one of their favorite teams. The league and sports media have a handful of top tier teams based on their profitability and the ratings they draw (Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Giants, Seahawks, Broncos) These teams are always pushed in a positive light by the media, get lots of prime time slots, calls are always massaged in their favor, etc.

I think he's from Atlanta.

He's not from Atlanta, he just likes the Falcons.

Before you dismiss it as paranoia you have to look at the evidence -

Tony Dungy - coached the division rival Bucaneers. His longstanding hatred of the Saints organization is clear every time he comments on the team.

Rodney Harrison - former DB who will always favor the secondary player. He later admitted he was a fan of his "hometown team" - the Atlanta Falcons.

These two are hardly in the position to give a unbiased review of the game today (and they didn't). Don't kid yourself there is an incredibly long list of talking heads and sports journalists who still believe because of their history of losing the Saints should never be good.

Tony Dungy? Really? Tony was all on our bandwagon HARD a few years ago.

Sometimes you guys seem to just pick and choose to feel who you guys think hate us. Red thumb this post, idc. It's just hilarious to me because I remember Dungy being extremely complimentary of us a few years back and preaching we were a team to watch yet now he's apparently a hater of the 3-4 Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom