It was loud at the Jets game, said Jerry Romig (3 Viewers)

The loudest game I've ever heard was the Philly playoff game in '06 (or '07) in the dome.

This game was lounder than the re-opening imo. I remember taking the escalators up to the terrace and we couldn't believe the noise level in the concourses. Mind you, this was 30 min before kickoff and people were just going to their seats. I looked at my buds and asked them if they'd ever heard what we were hearing at that point, and none of us had. It was special loud. It only got louder from there.

it will be better...and i get 3 pm and all that... but to say this week was the loudest of all time... as Bobby says... "No"...lol

You'll have to elaborate. Bobby says 'No' in both agreement and disagreement.

Doubt it but I haven't been to as many as him so I can't judge. I'm also not almost 8 decades old :covri:

Hope we can bring the noise next Sunday at noon. :9:

Well I hope that lil dig at us old timers made you feel special junior... I can tell you this fitty three year old still brings it and there were a multitude of those who have not lived 8 or 4 decades below me who were sipping there wine and were quite disturbed that i was yelling at them to get off their @sses and yell.......

A loud stadium really makes for a great atmosphere. One of the wierdest football events I've ever attended was the Saints game in London. It was the quietest Saints game I've ever been to...and we won! The lask of noise detracted from the overall experience IMO.

I only get to go to a game a year but the loudest one I attended was the overtime win vs the Falcons back in November 2003.

Man, Tulane Stadium rocked. Steel bleachers that everyone would start pounding on. You could feel it.

Yes, the stadium literally moved, LOL. I was a kid when we had season tickets there, but I remember it well...those metal bleachers could make some NOISE!! That's a great, great memory...

We were loud, but we could be LOUDER. Lets raise the bar.

I suspect it will be even louder for the Giants game. :spaz2:

I hope you are correct. even though we had a few empty seats around us section 639 & 640 were on the ball for the jets game. I hope we can turn it up a notch!

We can do better. Imagine how loud it'd be for the Conference Championship in the dome? Our Saints playing for a bid to the Super Bowl in OUR dome??? I couldn't even fathom the decibel levels for a game like that.

:9: Good job to all at the game. I will be there for the Dallas/Saints game and hope to help make that the loudest of all time. I hope it's louder than it was on 9.25.06!!
Me too, and we'll contribute a few decibels!! As well as contributing to the local economy by way of :beerchug:

The only venue I can remember being louder than the Dome was the closed end of old Memorial Stadium in Baltimore during a Colts/Steelers game in the late 70's. We were in the lower deck and you couldn't hear yourself screaming as the Colts held on a series of Steeler attempts at the goal line. Each down it got louder, and the Steelers never did get in.

I remember my dad saying later that in the late 50's and 60's it was that loud every time the other defense took the field. Worlds largest outdoor insane asylum indeed!!

Well I hope that lil dig at us old timers made you feel special junior... I can tell you this fitty three year old still brings it and there were a multitude of those who have not lived 8 or 4 decades below me who were sipping there wine and were quite disturbed that i was yelling at them to get off their @sses and yell.......
Umm, what? My comment was in reference to him remember a lot more games as a frame of reference, not to older people not making noise...

Still think you're completely with it? :hihi:

Umm, what? My comment was in reference to him remember a lot more games as a frame of reference, not to older people not making noise...

Still think you're completely with it? :hihi:

Well guess i just havnt had my pills yet.... let me amble down the hall and fuss at them cute lil young nurses.... If i dont they wont wake me in time for this Sunday's game.... We do have a game this week right... Gee this ole mind just aint what it used to be....lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom