It was loud at the Jets game, said Jerry Romig (1 Viewer)

Dierdork was idiotic. Thankfully there was a problem with the audio from CBS and at some point in the early 4th qtr I could barely hear the announcers any longer but I could hear the crowd. And it was LOUD. And seeing that video of Bobby going berserk in the booth when Sanchez fumbled in the EZ, they were LOUD.

I disagree. I thought we were plenty loud when it counted. Seemed like EVERY time the "jest" had the ball we were bringing the noise. I too am still hoarse. I watched the game on dvr and could hear us clearly chanting the Who Dat cheer towards the end. Very cool!

It was very loud at times. Pretty much as best you can expect for a rainy 3 pm game. I thought it was MUCH MUCH louder than the opener.

Not in my section... i was screaming at the people below me to stand up and make noise in the 2nd qtr.... They just looked back as if I were screaming in church... Now "when it counted"... yep they were all up... But for MNF and the Philly game it was almost like a college game in that we NEVER sat down...

Just my impressions............

I think you're both right. Not everyone was up at all times, no... but dude it was week 4 at 3 pm. Most people were plenty loud when it counted. Trust me I did my best to get people to keep loud at all times but it's not going to happen unless the game is special. Don't worry... next week will be plenty loud and then MNF at 7... oh BOY. :hihi:

For the real, real old timers:

1974 at Tulane Stadium against the Eagles. Play has halted for over 20 minutes after a personal foul call against the Saints.

1971 at Tulane Stadium against the Cowboys. Archie was fantastic and won the game nearly single-handed. Al Dodd had a long return on a missed FG. Bedlam.

1983 at the Dome against the Rams. Loudest in the Dome ever ... Lansford makes the kick and there's nothing but silence ... everyone was sick.

1990 MNF against the 49'ers. Joe Montana and his offense did squat until the last drive of the game. Cofer, ex-Saint, kicks the winning FG. Dead silence again. Everyone suddenly knew Fourcade was not the answer. Problem was ... neither was Steve Walsh!

It was very loud at times. Pretty much as best you can expect for a rainy 3 pm game. I thought it was MUCH MUCH louder than the opener.

I think you're both right. Not everyone was up at all times, no... but dude it was week 4 at 3 pm. Most people were plenty loud when it counted. Trust me I did my best to get people to keep loud at all times but it's not going to happen unless the game is special. Don't worry... next week will be plenty loud and then MNF at 7... oh BOY. :hihi:

it will be better...and i get 3 pm and all that... but to say this week was the loudest of all time... as Bobby says... "No"...lol

1983 at the Dome against the Rams. Loudest in the Dome ever ... Lansford makes the kick and there's nothing but silence ... everyone was sick.

1990 MNF against the 49'ers. Joe Montana and his offense did squat until the last drive of the game. Cofer, ex-Saint, kicks the winning FG. Dead silence again. Everyone suddenly knew Fourcade was not the answer. Problem was ... neither was Steve Walsh!

thanks for remembering the exact yr.. 1983 AND joining me in saying that was the absolute LOUDEST I have ever heard the dome.... when the defense came out after BUM refused to let Morten Andersen kick a fairly long FG... when all we had to do was stop the Rams one more time to get our FIRST winning season and Playoff.. the offensive players standing opn the bench waving towels... man it was deafening like you cant believe..

and then when Landsford breaks our hearts it was silent... but for about 15 seconds.. and if you remember the entire stadium stood and clapped.. not cheered.. but clapped.. as if to say THANKS.... it was the most emotional moment.. until 2006 MNF

I was at the 2006 MNG and I must say though I was alot more liquored up for this game it was just as loud if not louder than that historic night. big up's to us fans we're the best in the world! :9:

it will be better...and i get 3 pm and all that... but to say this week was the loudest of all time... as Bobby says... "No"...lol
Doubt it but I haven't been to as many as him so I can't judge. I'm also not almost 8 decades old :covri:

Hope we can bring the noise next Sunday at noon. :9:

Dierdork was idiotic. Thankfully there was a problem with the audio from CBS and at some point in the early 4th qtr I could barely hear the announcers any longer but I could hear the crowd. And it was LOUD. And seeing that video of Bobby going berserk in the booth when Sanchez fumbled in the EZ, they were LOUD.

Then announcers went into my back speakers on my surround sound for the 4th quarter. Thought it was weird.

I wasn't there but remember a game where we kept getting penalties because the crowd was too loud.

1974 at Tulane Stadium against the Eagles. Play has halted for over 20 minutes after a personal foul call against the Saints.

1971 at Tulane Stadium against the Cowboys. Archie was fantastic and won the game nearly single-handed. Al Dodd had a long return on a missed FG. Bedlam.

Man, Tulane Stadium rocked. Steel bleachers that everyone would start pounding on. You could feel it.

With all due respect to Mr Romig this was not even in the top 5 loudest I have heard...

In no particular order

1. MNF (Well ok that is #1... especially on the blocked punt)
2. The Philly Playoff game (actually #2 because we played them once before in a Playoff game)
3. When hakeem dropped the ball
4. For the oldies, circa 1987 when we lost to the Rams on langsford's Field Goal... i still maintain when we came out on defense right before that... the players were on the bench waving their towels... we were 2 minutes from our VERY first winning season and the playoffs... to me that was the loudest i have EVER heard the dome
5. Got to be another... I just didnt find the fans "in it" as much as we need to be... i gave us a B for effort... Got to bring the A game agains the Giants.........

I was disappointed in some people during the Jets game. We didn't bring the noise like we should have. I scream every defensive snap, don't care what the score is. Definitely wasn't the loudest. Now for this year yes, it was the loudest.

I have been in the dome when people would stomp and bang on the walls. It felt like the dome was crumbling. I was screaming so loud and could not even hear myself scream. That was in 93. I think i heard an announcer a few games later say that it was as loud as a 747 taking off. That was Awesome. :9::worthy::hihi:

From what I can remember, the Dome was equally loud for both the Falcons MNF fumble recovery and for the final moments of the Eagles Playoff game that put us into the NFC Championship. There were moments that approached those levels against the Jets. I also remember times during the Dome Patrol days where levels were unbelievable. I unfortunately was not there when Hakim dropped the ball.

At the Jets game, the crowd got very loud at certain points throughout the game, but was not nearly as continuously loud as the reopening of the Dome in 2006, at least from the cheap seats. I think the crowd last Sunday was rather nervous, compared the the '06 MNF crowd, for whom (football) expectations were much lower.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom