It was loud at the Jets game, said Jerry Romig (1 Viewer)

NEWORLEANS-YAT

Very Banned
Reaction score
Jerry Romig, 79, has been the public address announcer for the New Orleans Saints for the last 40 seasons. But it is his 41st season that holds the most promise, he said. Sunday’s game against the New York Jets was the loudest he’s ever heard following only the 2006 Monday night game against the Atlanta Falcons, which was the Saints first at the Superdome following Hurricane Katrina.

http://www.neworleanscitybusiness.com/UpToTheMinute.cfm?recID=27199

Yeah Jerry! Tell those idiotic CBS announcers what it's all about!

This coming from a 79 year old is definitely cool. Unless he just recently changed his battery in his hearing aide :) My throat is still a little soar and its 3 days after!!

:9: Good job to all at the game. I will be there for the Dallas/Saints game and hope to help make that the loudest of all time. I hope it's louder than it was on 9.25.06!!

At least Dierdorf won't be at the Giants game. He'll be ... uh, where are the Jets playing next weekend?

The loudest game I've ever heard was the Philly playoff game in '06 (or '07) in the dome.

We will prolly have Troy Aikman since the Giants/Saints game will more than likely be the Game of the Week

Prepare for more NFC East biased opinions. Aikman gloated about the Eagles the entire game during the Eagles/Saints game.

With all due respect to Mr Romig this was not even in the top 5 loudest I have heard...

In no particular order

1. MNF (Well ok that is #1... especially on the blocked punt)
2. The Philly Playoff game (actually #2 because we played them once before in a Playoff game)
3. When hakeem dropped the ball
4. For the oldies, circa 1987 when we lost to the Rams on langsford's Field Goal... i still maintain when we came out on defense right before that... the players were on the bench waving their towels... we were 2 minutes from our VERY first winning season and the playoffs... to me that was the loudest i have EVER heard the dome
5. Got to be another... I just didnt find the fans "in it" as much as we need to be... i gave us a B for effort... Got to bring the A game agains the Giants.........

i agree with jerry.. im still a little hoarse, i was at the mnf game and the philly game.. was by far the loudest "WHO DAT" chant starting right after the national anthem.. i may be a little biased cause i was extra drunk for this game... got to love those 3pm games.. and starting tailgating at 8 a.m lol

Well, it's going to be louder against the Giants! The bye week isn't only for the players.

A week away from Saints football...anticipation builds up...voices are rested up...another undefeated NY team coming into OUR Dome! Best believe we're gunna be louder!!! AHHHHHHHH bring it!!!!

... I just didnt find the fans "in it" as much as we need to be... i gave us a B for effort... Got to bring the A game agains the Giants.........

I disagree. I thought we were plenty loud when it counted. Seemed like EVERY time the "jest" had the ball we were bringing the noise. I too am still hoarse. I watched the game on dvr and could hear us clearly chanting the Who Dat cheer towards the end. Very cool!

I disagree. I thought we were plenty loud when it counted. Seemed like EVERY time the "jest" had the ball we were making the noise.

Not in my section... i was screaming at the people below me to stand up and make noise in the 2nd qtr.... They just looked back as if I were screaming in church... Now "when it counted"... yep they were all up... But for MNF and the Philly game it was almost like a college game in that we NEVER sat down...

Just my impressions............

At the same time that Dierdumb was making those idiotic comments about the noise in the dome, I was getting texts from my friend in the dome telling my how insanely loud it was.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom