It was on this day 2 years ago that Drew signed with the Saints (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
PTI said today was the 2-year anniversary of when Drew signed with the Saints.

This was especially good for me because it was a day before my bithday- March 15th.

BTW, where were YOU when you heard the news?

That is a great thread!!! I like this comment:

The Saints are stupid. Just when they have a chance to draft a stud Heisman trophy winning qb.....they go and screw it up. You guys will see....Leinhart will win....Brees and the Saints will not. posted by MajorLamont

And this one:

Mark my words BIG Mistake my not staying and selecting Matt Leinart. Give it two years we will all be crying! posted by Saintdab

I was on this board, refreshing every second to see if there was any new news. We were scared Miami had the best chance at him. God thing they failed him because of his physical, and went with Culpepper, the cheaper option.

LOL@ people still saying Take Leinart at #2

Good call by LC

JonDigital, take your thinly veiled bitterness elsewhere. Your team got owned and you got stuck with one of the most overrated quarterbacks in football.

Unless you guys sign Randy Moss to catch Culpepper's scattershot passes, he'll be back on the block in a year or two.

LOL@ people still saying Take Leinart at #2

Dear god i was having nightmares about Leinart and vince young. I said Young would be a bust and loose cannon jumped all over me. I said either one would be a huge mistake and ruin us.

Who is laughing now?

Originally Posted by Shibby
http://srarchives.com/forums/showthr...hreadid=195946

What is funny is not only we got brees but houston passed on reggie bush and we also went to the NFC championship. Wow, it is nice to reflect on that especially following a 3-13 season.

Last edited:
Haha, I was actually really mad about it. I was convinced that Vince Young was the second coming. The only consolation for me was that there was no longer any chance that we would take Leinart, whom I hated (well..still hate). I think I like how things worked out instead.

So Drew Brees waits until Miami decides to go in a different direction with Culpepper to call the Saints and agree to a contract and everyone is jumping for joy. WOW, what a vote of confidence!!!

But RCM, we got him, we got him...what's your deal? My deal is that this guy did not choose to sign with us until we were his only option and I am suppose to feel good about that? Please!

Today is the worst day in the history of my life as a Saints' fan!!!

Another factor was probably that Daunte has made it clear he wants to be in MIA and is willing to restructure his contract. Nick loves those kinds of guys. I think I have come to the realization that as a Phin fan I have to trust Saban.

2043-fail-camera.jpg

Last edited:

:_rofl: :_rofl: :_rofl:

Trust Saban.:hihi:

Seriously I just went through some of the threads from the old board and it's just hilarious. There was no chance whatsoever that we were not getting Donnie Edwards. Brees was a waste because of Leinart/Young/Cutler. Bush was a waste of a pick because of Leinart/Young/Cutler/D'Brick. Great stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom