It's 10:06am (1 Viewer)

Good luck today LC. Hope you and your Longhorns can boom those Sooners.

I’ll be watching, it’s a great college rivalry. LSU fans will be pulling for Texas for sure. A Texas win elevates the status of the LSU win over Texas and an Oklahoma loss would give LSU an advantage if both teams end up with one loss, LSU having beaten Texas and Oklahoma losing to Texas would almost certainly give LSU the nod over Oklahoma in a comparison of one loss teams.

I am not sold on Hurts as a passer. Texas dbs need to step up their game.

I think if Texas can out physical OU in all phases, Ehlinger plays mistake free, UT takes it.

I'm pulling for the burnt orange for reasons st dude stated.

Efi, to summarize a point my brother, who's an Alabama fan, albeit a more intelligent, reasonable one said that when teams like Texas, Auburn, huge underdogs go in with this mindset that to beat Oklahoma, Alabama, Notre Dame, OSU, they have to play "mistake-free" football, or their best players have to play that way, or their defense has to be more physical then their opponents. He says when he hears opposing teams fans say that, he shakes his head because it's next to impossible for good teams, great teams, to make dumb, stupid mistakes during games. Even Heisman Trophy caliber winners do it, you only can try to minimize them and hope they don't commit them in key situations.

I'm an Auburn fan and a diehard one at that but I'm realistic enough to know that Alabama won't make a lot of mistakes in key situations(not scoring in RZ opportunities, kicking FGS instead of scoring td's, throwing interceptions or fumbling ball), they have a all-knowing, all-powerful tyrant for a HC who chews them out even when they forking win by 28 points every week. Oklahoma and Ohio State sort of have similar playing or coaching environments, so expecting even great players like Ehrlinger to play mistake-free football is a bit of an unrealistic expectation that needs to be re-defined or reconsidered.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom