Saints It's a "copy cat" league. Cardinals sign Taysom clone (1 Viewer)

I have seen Chris Streveler play, and he is not Taysom Hill.

BTW, Mike Nichols, not Chris Streveler, was Winnipeg's starting quarterback. This is the team where former saint Adam Hill plays, and was named CFL defensive player of the year.

It's Matt Nichols, and yes he was the starting QB. Also the former Saint is Adam Bighill.

That being said when Nichols went down with injury Streveler came in and Winnipeg struggled on O. He is no where near the passer Taysom is, and I don't believe he's as quick as Taysom either.

It's Matt Nichols, and yes he was the starting QB. Also the former Saint is Adam Bighill.

That being said when Nichols went down with injury Streveler came in and Winnipeg struggled on O. He is no where near the passer Taysom is, and I don't believe he's as quick as Taysom either.

Oh man, I hate writing on mobile phones.

Reginasaintsfan is correct. Winnipeg was clearly the best team until Nichols got hurt. Streveler took the starting position and the team started losing games.

It was until they got Zach Colaros, a quarterback who started the season with Toronto, and had a concussion on the first game of the year, that they got back winning. The finally won the Grey Cup.

Let me know when this guy can squat close to 700lbs, play STs, milk a goat with both hands tied behind his back, and time travel like Taysom can.

Wait a minute, it's impossible to milk a goat with both hands tied behind your back! I call shenanigans.

Last off season several teams were searching for a RB with skills similar to Alvin Kamara to pair with a power back. The Rams even drafted a guy that was supposed to be the next AK41.

This offseason teams are looking for the next Taysom Hill. Just like no team found a Alvin Kamara clone it’s very doubtful a team will find a Taysom Hill clone. Even if they do you have to have the right guy calling the right plays for him to succeed. Right now that guy is on the New Orleans sidelines and nowhere else.

Just like everything else in life - the copy is never as good as the original.

...and Jeff Speakman was supposed to be the next Chuck Norris... but there’s only 1 Chuck Norris!... and he wears Taysom Hill pajamas

While maybe teams may be looking for a similar player as Taysom, I think the saints should be looking for another player that can do as many things as Taysom can.

It seems that we will keep Taysom the quarterback, we now need someone to replace Taysom the joker. Players like this are really hard to find, so I am hoping we can find a player similar to Kyle Juszczyk, the 49ers fullback.

Kyle Juszczyk may be a fullback by position, but he plays running back, blocking tight end, catching tight end, and he even gets time at the boundary. Without throwing the ball, he is the player I see that can do as many things on the field as Taysom.

In a weird way Kyle Juszczyk is the niners' Alvin Kamara, they guy who is aligned everywhere and a cornerstone of their offense.

Taysom the player is a combination of ability and willingness.
What Taysom does is is a combination of ability, willingness, a coach that is willing to think outside the box, and opportunity.

The opportunity has a lot to do with having a top-tier starting QB and top-tier back-up QB on the roster.

If Taysom rolls into a QB1 or QB2 roll this year and/or next year... We're going to have to replace some or even ALL the roles he currently plays. That means adding as many as 3 or 4 players.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom