It's a "given" that I'm a DEUCE homer but come on........ (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
DEUCE makes you ( or should make you) feel proud he is on our TEAM!

This is a partial quote from an interview available in full from the SAINTS Official Home Page. It's a good read but this particular quote struck a chord.

This TEAM is very strong with CHARACTER men and that means , men of character not being a "character" like, well, you could all name a few that come to mind I'm sure.

DEUCE MacAllister is one of those players who you know will be strong community leaders well after their Pro Football careers as players are well behind them.

How about this quote from Deuce in an article on ESPN's website:

"I don't know if we felt the magic was slipping away from us or not," Saints tailback Deuce McAllister said. "But we knew we had to play better. I don't think we were as desperate, really, as the Falcons were. But we knew we had to stop beating ourselves. We were giving games away, you know, and we hadn't done that earlier in the year. It was time to quit being sinners and to be the Saints again."

There has never been a more genuine person than Deuce himself. He is just an extremely great guy.

A player that truely loves the saints and wants to be apart of what wonderful things To come for both the team and the city, im glad he's with this team and im proud to wear his numbers each and every week in the 3 Colors i have, Black, White and Gold.

A lot of players in the league have respect for Deuce too. He's someone that pretty much everyone likes. Most runningbacks would be jealous and demand a trade if the team drafted a RB with the 2nd overall pick, but Deuce was smart and realized that it could prolong his career and make the team much better thus he fully embraced Reggie Bush.

But on the field Deuce is a monster. Who can forget him stiff arming with his helmet off, that's one of my favorite plays even if he only gained like 5 yards.

All the trash talk you hear come from some of the players mouths...me this and me that....as you all have mentioned....Duece is #1 class act for sure....

I've been to several Training Camps and mini camps over the past few years and after practice Deuce was ALWAYS there to sign autographs. Joe Horn too. Never saw Aaron Brooks, but we won't go there.
But yes. Deuce is a class act. Might even buy a car from him in the future.

I only hope and pray he gets a shot at a super bowl title. Both Deuce and Joe deserve it. Deuce has never even been to the playoffs.

Deuce is most definitely a class act. I agree that it would be special to see him and Horn hoist the Lombardi trophy on the 50 yard line! I think that would bring a tear to my eye.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom