It's Alabama, and then it's everyone else. Nick Saban is dominant. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
As an LSU fan, have you ever considered that Nick Saban's time at LSU could have been the height of the LSU football program in your lifetime? Saban gets the talent. It's just not even close. It's Alabama and then everyone else because it's Saban and then everyone else.

Greatest college football coach EVER. Some people say that statement is debatable, but it's pretty close to fact.

I never liked Sabin because of his humorless style. They guy acts like he is managing the morgue at a natural disaster, not the director of a program that is just a form of entertainment.

That being said, his team this year might be the best college team of all time. They pulverized an LSU team that is probably the best team on their schedule. I got tired of watching it last night and switched to Notre Dame. ND will go to the playoffs and they are not within 4 touchdowns of Alabama. Clemson has about a 10% chance, nobody else has hope.

What frustrates me is this form of dominance is bad for college sports. I don’t want to watch Sabin glide to a championship year after year. It was like the Cavs vs Golden State — after awhile, nobody cared, and nobody watched.

I agree that he gets the talent but I think that LSU has consistently attracted guys with higher ceilings and failed to develop them in college. Saban gets the most of out his guys while in college and then they usually have peaked prior to joining the NFL. LSU has the capacity to play at a level near Bamas but the program makes consistently poor decisions around the offensive side of the ball. I thought Matt Canada was going to be the turning point where they handed over the reins to a creative guy and let him fit the offense to the players instead of the opposite. Coach O is going to be another failed chapter in LSU history because he wasn't willing to suffer a losing year to let Canada teach his system to a young QB and bring in some better run blocking personnel.

With Tua hobbled, it’s going to be real interesting.

Then If Jalen Hurts is unavailable, we could see a glimmer of hope for Georgia and/or Auburn.

I agree that he gets the talent but I think that LSU has consistently attracted guys with higher ceilings and failed to develop them in college. Saban gets the most of out his guys while in college and then they usually have peaked prior to joining the NFL. LSU has the capacity to play at a level near Bamas but the program makes consistently poor decisions around the offensive side of the ball. I thought Matt Canada was going to be the turning point where they handed over the reins to a creative guy and let him fit the offense to the players instead of the opposite. Coach O is going to be another failed chapter in LSU history because he wasn't willing to suffer a losing year to let Canada teach his system to a young QB and bring in some better run blocking personnel.
No coach worth a **** is going to put up with Matt Canada, which is why he's bouncing around college football so much despite his success.

As an LSU fan, have you ever considered that Nick Saban's time at LSU could have been the height of the LSU football program in your lifetime? Saban gets the talent. It's just not even close. It's Alabama and then everyone else because it's Saban and then everyone else.
How do you ignore the ten preceding years for a couple good years under Saban? I'm not saying that Saban didn't play a role in LSU's history, but I thought we were well past giving Saban credit for what Miles did?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom