its already happenning ...... (1 Viewer)

Not sure which gives us the best chance to win... likely a mix of both IMO... but I do believe if teddy stinks it up in seattle, that the following sunday might look like an away game in the dome.

yea he is a typical pundit, but i have to agree Hill's ceiling is higher than Teddy's...

I think that’s plausible. Hill has rare athleticism for the position.

I guess I’m in the minority who thinks we have two good prospects at the position, neither of whom have reached their full potential. I like the odds of Payton getting one or both of them playing at a high level.

This is a movie script.

Teddy doesn’t play well, and Hill starts the following week.

For goodness sakes, every game is important at this point so why waste another game just to start Teddy?

We know Teddy isn’t better suited for this offense than Taysom, so why not just start Taysom against Seattle and jumpstart this script?

1 win makes a difference in the end when the regular season is done. We can’t afford to do another trial with Teddy when Taysom is clearly better at running this O.

i guess we are all going under the assumption that Teddy is starting. i guess until Payton announces something no one really knows

I find it odd that Payton hasn’t named a starter yet. Add to that ,no official word from saints on drew, other than he had one opinion and he’s going for a second .

I want Hill over Teddy too, but if Chris Simms said water is wet I’d tell him to shut the hell up.

I would argue that water isn’t wet— it makes other things wet. So you would have two grounds to tell Chris Simms to shut up—which is good. Because he is an idiot.

Bridgewater needs to show something. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised by his play, but I'm expecting it'll just be a matter of time before Hill gets a shot.

When Dennis Allen was the defensive coordinator in Denver they made the playoffs with Tim Tebow completing as few as 2 passes a game by controlling the ball and playing defense. We have the offensive line and some good running backs, so I could see the Saints using a similar game plan using Taysom Hill to grind out first downs and keep the ball moving -- and Hill is a better passer than Tebow.

I would argue that water isn’t wet

Yeah, and the next thing you’re going to tell me is that beer is the pee-pee of Zeus. Man get outta here with that folly.

:covri:

I don’t agree that Hill has a higher ceiling, but I do believe he gives us a bigger threat to make big plays. I’ll give Teddy some credit, he did at least try to progress through his reads, I just don’t think he has the confidence and chemistry yet to make the throws like Drew does. If by halftime against Seattle, our offense looks as bad as it did last Sunday Teddy needs to sit and Hill needs to play.

As we saw in pre season, Hill has about a 2 read max. He completely ignored half the field most plays and took off. Not saying it’s a bad thing because he usually gets yards and 1st downs. I think Hill provides us with a more dynamic offense than Teddy and the defense will be guessing what’s next on every down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom